Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

You want fingers with that ????

35 posts in this topic

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Thu Mar 24, 9:02 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said on Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident on Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined on Wednesday that the object was a human finger.  

Officials are trying to determine if the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.  

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

That is just disgusting. I'm very interested to see where this finger came from. I know I may never eat wendys again.

I'm changin' my lunch plans! Now that's what I call finger food.... 8-[

I saw a photo on the news and it looked to me like the finger had a rubber glove on the end of it. At least whoever cut their finger off was being sanitary! lol

Here's the photo:

capt.k032404au.jpg

A portion of a human finger that a woman says she found while eating a bowl of chili at Wendys Restaurant. (AP Photo/Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health)

My question is....how do they miss something like this? I assume that normal people would stop making the batch!!! Did the guy even notice he chopped his finger off? I suspect this may be a false story...maybe a smear campaign by Mc'ds or BK.

:chainsaw: I was thinking that the digit got separated from its owner at the meat processing plant. :chainsaw:

Either way it's making my skin crawl thinking about spitting that out on the plate. :-&

I've and probably some of you have eaten worse then that. Hey look at it this way, the finger is probably better then 99% of the food in the place, no preservatives, low fat. Still probably beats some of the military food I've eaten or places I've had to sit or float in to eat.

I know you can request cheese on top of your chili at Wendy's, but human flesh.....?

Is there an extra charge for that?

"Finger-size me, please!"

Was it the middle finger? If it was maybe they were telling their customers something? I still like wendy's the best.

Saw the woman on TV this morning,,, she was very beliveable and still looked nauseous :sad:

Her lawer really made his Point. They are still working on pointing blame. Hope they put the finger on the source. 'cause a like that Chilli!

Are they going to use the finger from the Chili to point to the blame with?

The plot thickens.......... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Finger-in-chili investigation widens  

Authorities search home of woman who made claim

The Associated Press

Updated: 7:21 a.m. ET April 8, 2005

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Investigators searched the Las Vegas home of a woman who claimed she scooped up a mouthful of finger along with her chili at a Wendy’s restaurant last month.

City police, working with their counterparts in Las Vegas, served the warrant Wednesday as they investigated how a finger ended up in Anna Ayala’s bowl of chili.

“We are looking into every aspect in this case,†San Jose police spokeswoman Gina Tepoorten said. “We are talking to people she knows as well as the finder of the finger. ... We want to determine who this finger belongs to and how it ended up in a bowl of chili.â€

Police would not say what was listed in the warrant.

Ayala, 39, was at the San Jose restaurant March 22 when she claimed she scooped up the 1½-long fingertip. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno, Calif.-based JEM Management Corp.

“Just knowing that there was a human remain in my mouth ... it is disgusting. It is tearing me apart inside,†Ayala told ABC’s “Good Morning America†on March 28.

Wendy’s spokesman Bob Bertini would not comment on the police investigation.

There was no answer at a home phone number listed for an Anna Ayala in Las Vegas. However, she told the San Jose Mercury News she would like to know what police were looking for in her home.

“I’ve been dragged through the mud,†she said. “We’ve been treated like animals. I’ve been through too much.â€

On Thursday, Wendy’s announced it would give a $50,000 reward to the first person providing verifiable information leading to the positive identification of the origin of the finger.

“It’s very important to our company to find out the truth in this incident,†said Tom Mueller, Wendy’s president and chief operating officer.

Wendy’s maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy’s ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner’s office, using a partial fingerprint to attempt to find a match in an electronic database, came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted.

PErsonally, I think she's full of chili. Cases like this in the past usually turn out to be fraud. I don't care how convincing they look on TV. Remember the chick who claimed to have that winning lotto ticket some months back? Fraud.

San Jose police dismissed rumors it might have come from her dead aunt...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:chew: :chew: :chew:

I wonder who'll get fingered if the cops determine that there was a crime involved...

Maybe the preparer of the food thought a cop was out there and instend of spit in it, throw a finger in as well with that.

Finger Report Hits Wendy's San Francisco-Area Sales

Mon Apr 11, 8:27 AM ET  

By Barbara Grady

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Reports of a severed human finger in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's International Inc restaurant have hit the firm's sales in the San Francisco area, a company spokesman said on Saturday.

"We've had a severe sales impact from this, particularly in the San Francisco-San Jose bay area," said spokesman Bob Bertini from Wendy's corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ohio.  

"It's very important to us to find out what happened in this incident. We believe someone knows exactly how the piece of finger got into the chili bowl," he said.  

The company has offered a $50,000 reward to the first person offering verifiable information about how the finger found its way into a bowl of chili at a franchise in San Jose, California, on March 22.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported this week that police has searched the home of Anna Ayala of Las Vegas, who filed a complaint about biting into a human finger after spooning up a mouthful of chili at the San Jose Wendy's on March 22.  

A San Jose Police Department sergeant would say on Saturday only that investigators traveled to Las Vegas this week to serve a search warrant in a private home connected to the case. "The investigation continues," added Sgt. Nick Muyo, declining to further describe the search.  

Calls to Ayala's home went unanswered on Saturday.  

The Chronicle reported on Saturday that Ayala has filed legal complaints against commercial establishments before. She won a claim against a restaurant after her daughter contracted salmonella poisoning in 2003. She sued a car dealership and tire manufacturer after an accident in 2000. That case was dismissed.  

Wendy's has said its own investigation found no evidence of any finger or hand accidents among workers or suppliers at the San Jose franchise in late March.  

Police also focused on where the finger had come from.  

"From a law enforcement point of view, once you establish it is a human finger, you have to wonder is this a case of industrial accident or is this a case of unreported homicide," Muyo said.

Wendy's this week forecast that first quarter profit would be lower than a year earlier, citing higher beef prices and a slip in sales in March. It did not cite the chili incident.

Soon we'll have a Reality show on this!!!!! =D> =D>

Leopard victim thinks Wendy's finger is hers  

Latest bizarre twist in tale of tainted chili

The Associated Press  

Updated: 12:24 p.m. ET April 14, 2005

LAS VEGAS - A woman who lost part of her finger in a leopard attack believes it was her body part that allegedly showed up a month later in a bowl of fast-food chili in California.

A lawyer for Sandy Allman, 59, said she wants to participate in any DNA testing of the finger, which she said she last saw packed in ice in a Las Vegas emergency room. Doctors told her it could not be reattached, and she does not know what happened to it after that, lawyer Philip Sheldon said.

There's a $100,000 reward now!!! Mcdonald's did it, Ronald chopped it off the Hamburgurlar, now give me my money!!!

Wendy's Doubles Chili Finger Reward to $100,000

Fri Apr 15, 4:55 PM ET  Oddly Enough - Reuters 

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Wendy's International Inc. on Friday doubled to $100,000 the reward it is offering for information on the origin of a human finger found last month in a bowl of chili at one of its restaurants. 

In a statement, Wendy's President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Mueller said the company's franchisees and employees have "done nothing wrong, yet they are paying a severe price with sales down significantly" in the San Jose, California, area where the incident occurred. 

Some of the franchisees have laid off workers or reduced workers' hours, the company said. 

"Our brand reputation has been affected nationally," Mueller added. "We are determined to find out what really happened in this incident." 

Wendy's has said repeatedly that its own investigation into the matter found no evidence of any finger or hand accidents among any of its workers or suppliers. The workers also passed lie detector tests, the company said on Friday. 

Anna Ayala, the woman who said last month she found a finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili, is no longer pursuing a legal claim against Wendy's, the company said, citing media reports. She is also no longer being represented by San Jose personal injury attorney Jeffrey Janoff, who had been handling her case, his office said on Friday. 

Ayala could not immediately be reached for comment. 

Media reports last week said Ayala's home in Las Vegas was searched by the police as part of the investigation into the incident. San Jose police officials said a search warrant had indeed been issued but declined to give further details on either the location or outcome of the search. 

I think she made it up....too many hours spent watching CSI gave her this idea.

I am hoping its fake, I've been on a Wendy's chili strike since and am beginning to miss it!

Still, the finger is real and was attached to a hand at some point...... WOW, Wendy's is starting to lay off people 'cause of lost business!!

I'll bet that for $100G some nut will cut his own finger and show up with his stump to try to claim the $$$ :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

585-chili strike? That must be why 60 was lacking your distinct contribution to the general atmosphere. Why boycott Wendy's? Fresh protein is a bonus at any burger joint. Maybe next time you'll find a little something extra in YOUR cup.

Lake Carmel Fd promisies thier chili will be finger free tonight at thier Chili Night 4-9 at thier main station (shameless plug)

LOL!

Something about this screams FAKE!!

But where did that finger come from? Disgruntled Hospital worker?? The world may never know. :-k

finger in the chili intresting combanation

just saw on the news that the woman was arested and it was made out to be a hoax. not shure on specifics but this is what i saw

Woman Arrested

As mentioned in above post by BMFD409

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Brings Back Customers

By KIM CURTIS, AP

Advertisement advertisement

SAN JOSE, Calif. (April 23) - Wendy's restaurants are hoping business will bounce back now that a woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of chili has been arrested and investigators say the whole case was likely a hoax.

Anna Ayala is accused of attempted grand larceny, a charge authorities said relates to the financial losses Wendy's has suffered since Ayala claimed she bit down a 1 1/2-inch finger tip in a mouthful of her chili on March 22.

ohh yeah and get this shes already under investigation for a boat sale with no boat.