Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest carroll9671

Info on a MVA/Pin in Yonkers on 10/26-10/27

7 posts in this topic

I am lookinf for infofmation on a mva/pin that occurred in yonkers in the confines of the 4th precint.

it occured at lake and neperhan avenues. i beleive the time to be 2246 hrs. any info would be helpful.

thanking you in advance.

What would you like to know???? I can help you out

They both assisted... Very little extrication was needed we pulled the person out they used the cutters and spreaders to open the door.. Esu has tools on them its sort of who get there first..

Article says the driver had to be extricated by the Yonkers Emergency Service Unit Police. Why not by the FD? Yonkers ESU has extrication tools? Im confused...blink.gif

Yonkers ESU has had extrication tools and was primary for extrication for years until the FD expanded the numbers of their apparatus with tools. Now, it is generally who gets there first. Sometimes it will be the PD, especially if the FD is working their own jobs, and sometimes it will be the FD, especially when the PD is busy.

It works itself out most of the time.

In the 80's, ESU used to run with paramedics to provide ALSFR also. That gave way to more tactical responsibilties today but they were always first responders to MVA's.

Very little extrication was needed we pulled the person out they used the cutters and spreaders to open the door..

I know this is not what you ment, but consider how it is written.