Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Yonkers 4th Alarm

18 posts in this topic

Great shots. I smelled this on the Saw Mill as I was heading back to the Chateau last night. Called the Bronx to see if they had anything, then called Yonkers and they were like, yup. We got it.

Not being from Yonkers, nor knowing anything about this building... but .... is it a commerical building? apartments above ? looks like there is a sea of parking around the fire building... Apparatus placement seems to of been tough, was this true ? Great job Yonkers FD..

Not being from Yonkers, nor knowing anything about this building... but .... is it a commerical building? apartments above ? looks like there is a sea of parking around the fire building... Apparatus placement seems to of been tough, was this true ? Great job Yonkers FD..

Bill, residential building (three story ordinary).Apartments on every floor. There was a parking lot on the 4 side of the building that made for a nice spot for TL-71.

I only went to one side, but they had actually no problem with a wide street in front and parking lots on three other sides. White Castle's rear lot alone had TL75 and Ladder 70 in it!

Angelo I think you were really on the way to White Castle and stumbled on the job! LOL!!

Bill, residential building (three story ordinary).Apartments on every floor. There was a parking lot on the 4 side of the building that made for a nice spot for TL-71.

Frank, it looks pretty old. Was it balloon?

Angelo I think you were really on the way to White Castle and stumbled on the job! LOL!!

If it were me I would be guilty as charged.

Hmmmmm White Castle!

Murder Burgers!!!!!!!

Almost made it to this one - woke up to the 2nd being transmitted for fire out all sides - then fell back asleep while deciding whether to go or not (lousy buff). I did manage to hit the record button, so audio to follow.

[quote name='efdcapt115' timestamp='1288741023' post='22132

Frank, it looks pretty old. Was it balloon?

[/quote

Sorry Capt. just saw your question in my notification section. Yes it was balloon. Fire started in first floor living room and spread rapidly through the open walls. The resident tried to extinguish the fire himself instead of calling 911. You know the rest....