Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Caution Taking Photos In Southwest Yonkers

7 posts in this topic

Be careful taking photos in high crime neighborhoods like parts of southwest Yonkers. The drug dealers and company may suspect you are photgraphing them, or some other the other myriad of illegal, open activities conducted everyday. I actually saw drug dealers out very early last Saturday morning on Linden Street and Oak Street off Elm in Yonkers. This also hold true for certain NYC areas like Little Italy, etc populated by the real life Sopranos.

And there are no photography signs posted on the George Washington Bridge.

After 9/11 taking pictures of any bridge or conveyance, including all MTA properties, is taboo.

That's a good point you bring up, Doctor. I never thought about it but it makes perfect sense.

I once got myself in a mess of trouble shooting pics for a college project. Decided I wanted shots of the outer walls and towers at Sing Sing. About 6 Corrections Officers decended on me. I tried to BS ( :---) ) them that I hadn't taken any pictures yet, but they didn't buy it. I had to expose the film in the camera and leave the roll with them. Screwed me up because it was at the end of a 36 shot roll. I cataloged my shots so I was able to retrace my steps. Live and learn...

And I wasn't even taking pictures, just just want to give everybody a heads up. Camera phones are possibly discreet enough, but is the photo quality any good???

i used to inspect buildings for insurance, and was taking a long range picture of a large warehouse building in hunts point. a hooker was down the block, and saw me, she demanded i give her the picture (it was an instant camera). so i turned it over, had her stand aside and shot another one, then drove off - left her standing there in the middle of the intersection staring at me and then at the picture held in her hand.

You probably could have gotten something for that picture. lol :-k :twisted:

believe me - this was not the julia roberts kinda hooker, if ya know what i mean...

Taking pictures in any MTA or Port Authority building, facility, station, anything is no allowed at all. The police will take whatever they need to feel comfortable that you were just doing that too. There are signs everywhere. I see people in Grand Central get in trouble all the time.