Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prucha25

Four Loko

42 posts in this topic

My girlfriend's school sent out an email warning everybody of the dangers. This stuff just exploded. Its everywhere now... Craziness. Sounds pretty disgusting to me. I'll stick with my Jameson and beer thanks very much.

AMEN to that!! :rolleyes: The bottom line is alcohol will always be marketed towards underage drinkers which is a sad thing. Alcohol/Caffeine combo drinks have been around forever whether it's a traditional coffee cocktail or Red Bull/Vodka. I love an Irish Coffee myself once in a while.. But marketing these extra potent drinks towards kids is unacceptable! What's sickening is the govenment's "attack the distributor/raise awareness approach!" As so many have said, extra exposure is only helping the distributor in the long run.. Personally I believe, the money is much more effective through enforcement.. Give the $ to Law Enforcement so they can stop these bodegas or gas stations from selling it to underage kids!!!! Putting the fear of massive fines and criminal charges into peoples heads will make them think twice before contributing to this epidemic!!!

Edited by stvrap79

Forget about the rest of the Country, because I live in NY. I would like to say thank you to all the stupid people that live here. I really mean it. You make my life so much easier. Everyday I have less and less decisions to make. We allow our politicians to make intrusive decisions into our lives and again I would like to say thank you for being unable to make decisions for yourself. I don't have to worry what my food is fried in, what my popcorn is cooked in, what I can and can't drink, how much salt is in my food or God forbid to add a little, soon what Doctor I can see, how many calories are in the food I am eating, etc. Except where there is profitability for the government, like taxing tobacco (if it is that bad for your health then ban it not feed the governments habit). Thank God this is not a Fire Department issue, we would have another NFPA standard, OSHA regulation, or V&T law. When we can't look out for ourselves and make good decisions, take some personal responsibility and accountability, we leave it up to elected officials to make the decisions for us.

Happy Monday Morning!

waful, JohnnyOV and JetPhoto like this

Senator: FDA to ban caffeinated alcohol drinks

(CNN) -- The Food and Drug Administration is preparing to ban caffeinated alcohol drinks, Sen. Charles Schumer said Tuesday.

The FDA, which has been reviewing the drinks since last year, declined to comment on the report. Spokeswoman Siobhan Delancey said the matter was still under review.

But Schumer, in a statement issued to the media, said the FDA will rule that caffeine is an unsafe additive to alcoholic beverages, effectively banning them from the U.S. market.

"Let these rulings serve as a warning to anyone who tried to peddle dangerous and toxic brews to our children. Do it and we will shut you down," Schumer, D-New York, said in the statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/16/alcohol.caffeine.drinks/index.html?hpt=T2

Just another example of government control going too far..

Edited by JM15

Aye yie yie!

Four Loko fanatics flock to Craigslist in frenzied online bidding war for banned 'blackout in a can'

Thirsty Four Loko lovers are proving no price is too high for "blackout in a can," gobbling up the sweet booze on Craigslist for more than three times the sticker price.

.....as New York and the rest of the country prepares to ban the caffeine-infused alcoholic energy drinks later this month.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/01/2010-12-01_four_loko_fanatics_flock_to_craigslist_in_frenzied_online_bidding_war_for_banned.html

They taste horrible. But I will say the 330am text from my friend stating his anger for being awake because of it was enough to make me like em! Mind you we had them at 12pm lol

People are already coming up with their own versions of this crppy4loko.

Had a guy in the ER last week who downed 12 muscle building supplements.... basically niacin and caffeine. Then he drank 10 beers. He was drunk, wired and itching to fight. Fun times.

People will find their own creative and stupid ways around this 4 loko ban. Job security.

Just fermented 3 gallons of liquor (sugar, water, yeast). This can be added to energy drinks, or anything else...only cost 7 bucks.....hmmmmm. Anyone of any age can do this and it yields up to 10% alc/vol with baker yeast. Turbo or distillers yeast can yeild up to 20%. Freeze the solution and remove the water and you can get close to 100% alc/vol (jk but pretty high...rolleyes.gif). No way of banning this, and it gets you drunk.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

The kids at my highschool bring the Four Loko to school in open arizonia cans and sell it to other students. Its a great plan, the admin has no clue whats going on, being straight edge and not drinking i havent tried Four Loko, but from my more "experienced" friends they say its one of the best drinks they have had, for the price of what they are getting. The best part is the 4 kids that went off the road after drinking cans of it before heading to school. Yippea Ki Yay! wasted before A block what a record.

Anybody know where I can buy the Alcohol Infused Whipped Cream? besides the Internet? I heard they sell it in Ct, looking for the Danbury area. Thanks

On November 19th @ aprox 2215 hours Radio HQ [44-Control] started transferring the first of many cellular 9-1-1 calls from an intox male that would only tell us he was at the McDonalds in Central Nyack. Luckily he was calling from a Wireless Phase 2 call and we could see that he was in that general vicinity. Our officers searched the area over and over and there was no one to be found. The male would keep calling back saying he could see the officers. We begged and pleaded with him to come out from wherever he was hiding but he wouldn't. Finally one of our officers saw a head peak out of the top of a dump truck parked around the corner from McDonalds. At 2241 hours just as I was getting out of work my fire department was requested to the scene with a ladder to assist in the removal. Nyack Ambulance & Medic 5 were also dispatched.

Blame it on 4Loko !

DSC_4329.jpg

DSC_4328.jpg

DSC_4326.jpg

DSC_4337.jpg

DSC_4347.jpg

DSC_4362.jpg

JetPhoto likes this

You should have hot wired the truck and dumped him out!