Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Tarrytown FD new Ladder bid

7 posts in this topic

From The Journal News Legal Notices November 5, 2010 "...sealed bids will be received until 11:00 a.m. on December 16, 2010...Supply one CUSTOM 105" REAR MOUNT AERIAL LADDER".

x635 likes this

I hope this goes better for them then the Riverside Engine bid, and the Village has learned to stay out of the FD's business.

I hope this goes better for them then the Riverside Engine bid, and the Village has learned to stay out of the FD's business.

The village is in enough legal hot water, they do not need any more. The FD's business you are refering to can be considered as bid rigging (as reported by the village) since the bid went out with only one elligable bidder. The village has a legal obligation, particulalrly when it comes to that much tax dollars.

Thanks for the article! That newspaper is really on top of things in the Village!

I wonder if Smeal was considered due to their jacking capability on inclines (like Yonkers). I guess only time will tell.

Thanks for the article! That newspaper is really on top of things in the Village!

I wonder if Smeal was considered due to their jacking capability on inclines (like Yonkers). I guess only time will tell.

If I was betting man my guess would be Crimson, Ferrara, Smeal and Pierce as at least 4 of the bids with the actual contract going to Pierce or Ferrara but like you said, only time will tell.