Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

This Year's Rockefeller Christmas Tree Comes From FDNY Firefighter

6 posts in this topic

A Piece of Putnam in the Big Apple for Christmas

Eric Gross

Putnam News And Reporter

Peter and Stephanie Acton and their children, Seamus 11 and Fiona, 7, gather for a family portrait in front of their historic tree. The children hold their pet chickens Daisy and Squirt for the photo session.Today was another first for Putnam County: A 74-foot tall, 12-ton Norway spruce will be the centerpiece of this year’s Rockefeller Center Christmas celebration, thanks to the Acton family of Mahopac Falls.

http://www.pcnr.com/news/2010-11-09/Front_Page/A_Piece_of_Putnam_in_the_Big_Apple_for_Christmas.html

Anyone know what route they took to get into Manhattan. I know it went through Jefferson Valley but know little else of the route from there. Did they have special permission to go down the TSP?

My goodness, its that time of the year again; the tree goes up and here come the tree people again. Run for the hills!!! :rolleyes:

To funny, I am headed down sometime in the near future to take a peek, we have never been down before, should be a nice time with the family.

My goodness, its that time of the year again; the tree goes up and here come the tree people again. Run for the hills!!! :rolleyes:

Yep, I do all I can to avoid NYC, especially the down town area from about the week before thanksgiving to the week after new years. That way I avoid the 1,000,000 tourists in the city turning what is normally a very hectic city into a complete mess for weeks.

Anyone know what route they took to get into Manhattan. I know it went through Jefferson Valley but know little else of the route from there. Did they have special permission to go down the TSP?

Bullethole to wood street. a right on east main street then a left on lee blvd. made the left on 6 and went to 684 im imagining via croton falls road. Just to add fdny fire fighter peter acton is also a mahopac falls lieutenant

Edited by foreman1923