Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

World Firefighters' Combat Challenge

13 posts in this topic

On the road last week, up to Myrtle Beach, SC for the WFCC. Sponsored by Scott Air Packs, it's a pretty big deal, bigger than I imagined it would be. There were participating departments from the United States, Canada and Europe. Got home today, and I'm going to start out with a few shots from the location, and some of the host fire departments' (MB & Horry County) apparatus. Those of you who know MB, this competition was held at Broadway At The Beach, in the shadow of the Hard Rock pyramid:

post-1020-0-43484000-1290030961.jpg

post-1020-0-53168000-1290031234.jpg

post-1020-0-61275200-1290031299.jpg

post-1020-0-15587300-1290031277.jpg

x635 likes this

Didn't a crew from Beekman (Dutchess county) participate?

Didn't a crew from Beekman (Dutchess county) participate?

Yes they did. Didn't win anything but gave it a good run.

Excellent photos, George! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

After seeing on of those competitions in person a few years back, I've got to say that's one of the toughest sporting events out there!

Excellent photos, George! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

After seeing on of those competitions in person a few years back, I've got to say that's one of the toughest sporting events out there!

Thanks very much Seth. This was the first time I saw one of these competitions in person. Like you said, it is a very tough sport. Reminded me very much of the old FDNY agility test they used to give at the New York Colosseum.

The sportsmanship was exceptional. The Brothers and Sisters set an example that professional ballplayers should try and emulate!

They had set up a miniature course for the children to participate in, complete with mini-turn-out gear. Awesome.

Myrtle Beach FD, Horry County FD are to be commended for hosting a wildly successful World Games. Talk is of the event returning there next year.

The MBPD and SC National Guard were also exceptional hosts.

Thanks George for the Great Pictures. Sounds like it was a Great time, and sure looks like the place was packed. Wow, to be young again and on the job, 100 lbs lighter, and be able to take part in that "Firefighters Combat Challange". (Wishful Thinking).