Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers FD Warning Concerning Turkey Friers

9 posts in this topic

Excellent Article in todays LoHud.com from Chief Flynn pertaining to the use of Turkey Fryers. Not only is it dangerous, if not used properly (by someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing), but could be disasterous. I have heard about many many people who have DUMPED a "Frozen Turkey" into a Deep Fryer, and finding the turkey (and frier) exploding, causing serious injury and damage. Please be careful this holiday season

http://www.lohud.com/article/20101124/NEWS02/11240380/Yonkers-Fire-Department-warning-on-turkey-fryers

Edited by 61MACKBR1

Here's a PSA Video from State Farm Insurance that really shows the dangers of Deep Frying a Turkey improperly

STAY AWARE and STAY SAFE !!

Excellent Article in todays LoHud.com from Chief Flynn pertaining to the use of Turkey Fryers. Not only is it dangerous, if not used properly (by someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing), but could be disasterous. I have heard about many many people who have DUMPED a "Frozen Turkey" into a Deep Fryer, and finding the turkey (and frier) exploding, causing serious injury and damage. Please be careful this holiday season

http://www.lohud.com/article/20101124/NEWS02/11240380/Yonkers-Fire-Department-warning-on-turkey-fryers

Can you say REDNECK?

Can you say REDNECK?

Actually, if cooked "Safely" a Deep Fried Turkey is 100% better tasting than a regular ccoked turkey.

Deep Fried Turkey is way better then an oven turkey and smart people can cook a deep fried turkey safely and just fine, it is the not so smart people we have to worry about.

From today's Orlando Sentinel:

Turkey fryer ignites $15,000 fire in Palm Bay

By Gary Taylor, Orlando Sentinel

An unattended turkey fryer is blamed for a Thanksgiving Day fire that caused $15,000 damage in Palm Bay.

http://www.orlandose...0,3690733.story

Edited by jack10562
Add Quote tag

I happened across this thread a little late. I'm not trying to sound like Billy Mays or anything, but I bought a "Big Red" infra-red turkey frier, made by Char-Broil. It uses infra-red heat generated by a propane fuel source, and produces a turkey as crispy and juicy as anything out of a deep frier. No oil at all, and it's shorter and wider, so it's more stable. It will cook a 16 pound thawed, unstuffed bird in 1-1/2 hours. You can also cook pork or rib roasts in it, and even a stuffed turkey too, in about two hours. You can't do that with a deep frier. Easy clean up, cheaper to use, and SAFE. You can get them for about $100 in Home Depot, Lowes, etc. I've used mine on Boy Scout outings, never had to worry about kids knocking it over and what have you. Definitely recommended.

I happened across this thread a little late. I'm not trying to sound like Billy Mays or anything, but I bought a "Big Red" infra-red turkey frier, made by Char-Broil. It uses infra-red heat generated by a propane fuel source, and produces a turkey as crispy and juicy as anything out of a deep frier. No oil at all, and it's shorter and wider, so it's more stable. It will cook a 16 pound thawed, unstuffed bird in 1-1/2 hours. You can also cook pork or rib roasts in it, and even a stuffed turkey too, in about two hours. You can't do that with a deep frier. Easy clean up, cheaper to use, and SAFE. You can get them for about $100 in Home Depot, Lowes, etc. I've used mine on Boy Scout outings, never had to worry about kids knocking it over and what have you. Definitely recommended.