Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

December 3rd, 1999 - Worchester, MA - 6 LODD's

6 posts in this topic

Today is the 11th anniversary of the fatal fire that claimed the lives of 6 Worchester, Mass firefighters. Lets all take a second to remember the sacrifices they made trying to save their own, as well as the heroic actions of Chief McNamee, who prevented more lives from being lost on that fateful day.

post-1020-0-72077800-1291386577.jpg

Firefighter Paul Brotherton 41 Auburn, MA Rescue 1

Firefighter Jeremiah Lucey 38 Leicester, MA Rescue 1

Lieutenant Thomas Spencer 42 Worcester, MA Ladder 2

Firefighter Timothy Jackson 51 Hopedale, MA Ladder 2

Firefighter James Lyons 34 Worcester, MA Engine 3

Firefighter Joseph McGuirk 38 Worcester, MA Engine 3

Edited by efdcapt115

I believe that the final report about this tragedy has been posted here in the not too distant past, and I'm sure that many members of this site have read through it. However, it's probably worth all of our time to re-read the final report about this particular fire in order to learn from this tragedy. In that way, we can reflect and remember their sacrifices, while at the same time gaining some knowledge so as to avoid a repeat tragedy.

tr-134.pdf

Never Forget. And the as the Albany Cold Storage fire showed, hopefully indeed we have not....

Edited by bvfdjc316
efdcapt115 likes this

Rest in Peace Brothers. May we never forget!

Nothing was more chilling than marching from across town and hearing the church bells tolling from downtown.

I can't beleive it is 11 years already, seemed like yesterday when it happened. I didn't even know what was going that night until I arrived at my firehouse for a drill and everyone told me.

About a month or two before, me and my ex-girlfriend were traveling up I-290 and saw how close that building was to the highway and also with the Foxwoods sign on top of it. I remember thinking then how old the structure was and that it had no windows. Not ever being through Worcester before, I didn't know that was a cold storage building nor would I ever realize what was going to happen a few weeks later.

RIP Paul, Tom, Jimmy, Jerry, Joe and Tim .................... you will never be forgotten.