Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Passing Of Ray Rush-Online Condolence Card

7 posts in this topic

**THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS AN ONLINE CONDOLENCE CARD AND WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FAMILY AND EFD WHEN EVERYONE HAS HAD A REASONABLE TIME TO SIGN**

FOR WAKE AND FUNERAL INFORMATION:http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=39657

Ray Rush, former Westchester County Fire Coordinator (the equivalent of the DES commisioner at the time), passed away last night. Ray was also an active Elmsford Fire And EMS member and ex-Chief.

Ray was also one of the orginal EMT instructors in Westchester, with many EMT's in Westchester being trained by him.

Ray Rush is also the father of current Hartsdale FD Chief Ed Rush. In addition, he leaves behind many other Rush family members including grandchildren who are currently carrying on his legacy in Elmsford FD. He also will be missed by the hundreds of friends he's made along his way in life.

Rest in peace, Ray, you will be missed.

If someone would post wake and funeral arrangements when they are available, it would be greatly appreciated. If someone could also email me a photo to seth@emtbravo.com so I could post a memorial on the front page I'd also really appreciate that. Again my email is seth@emtbravo.com

Sorry to read this news. Chief Rush was County Coordinator in '86 when LTNRFD, myself, Bruce Kerr (rest in Peace) and others attended the 1st combined Career Chiefs Fire Academy under Chief Henry Campbell. Chief Rush was a true gentleman, and he treated us probies with great respect back then. May he Rest in Peace, and may his family be comforted by the fact that he touched and had a positive impact on the lives of hundreds, probably thousands of people during his tenure as Chief in Elmsford, and as the WCFC.

batt2 and x635 like this

My condolences to Ed and the Rush family. Ray was a true gentleman and did so much for all of the Westchester Fire Service. He was my instructor for Ed. Meth. in Montour in '94, and I had the pleasure of watching the Rangers win the Stanley Cup with him in the RBI. He will be truly missed.

Rob Kerr

x635 likes this

Sad news. I had Ray for several of the courses I took over the years. I also ran into him periodically at Phelps Hospital when he was there as a volunteer.

Thank you for your dedication to bettering all of us, you will be truly missed.

x635 and 1075thebox like this

I first met Ray back in the mid-1970's; a real gentleman and if he gave you his word, it was as good as gold. RIP Ray.

x635 likes this

Chief Rush was a great guy. He was County Coordinator when I taught 4 YFD Proby classes. Our probies got the Westchester Police Recruits wet one morning when a deck pipe was "accidently" aimed at their PT class. I had to stand tall before the man and explain. He was firm but a real gentleman. Condolences to my Stepinac classmate Ed and your family. RIP.

fitzpatrick172, efdcapt115 and x635 like this

I am very saddened to hear of Rays' passing.....I considered him a friend and mentor when I was in Westchester County....may he rest in peace....wish I could make it down for the service.

Anyone know if hte funeral home has an on-line condolance card?

x635 and efdcapt115 like this