Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Season Of "American Chopper" Premieres Tonight

8 posts in this topic

The new season of "American Chopper: Sr. Vs. Jr." starts tonight, back on the Discovery Channel after a run on their sister network TLC.

I still like the show, it's a guilty pleasure I guess, since I feel that it glorifies how much that network destroyed that family-seemingly they enjoy doing that based on their TLC programming

The network didnt destroy them, the greed did.

The whole family used to make an appearance at the annual NYPD car show at Orchard Beach. One year they all showed up in their hot rods. If the family really has split, I guess that's over with.

Do you really think the family is broken, or is this a ploy to boost ratings?

It's not a ploy. It's real deal. I am a vendor to OCC for some items, (did you see the recent episode where they launch the motorcycle with the Bungee cord? I supplied the Bungee cord)..

I go to the shop occasionally. Unfortunatley, it is very real. The really crazy thing is that I was told that since the split, the ratings are at an all time high...

Edited by 38ff

Plus Discovery paid for the building, with the condition OCC sign a 10 year contract when the show was at it's peak.

I think part of the reason is the economy hit them hard. Corporations can't afford or justify building a highly customized choppers for promotional reasons anymore, unless it's going to be featured promintetly on the show. And the other part of the clientele doesn't have money for that type of discretionary spending, either. I also think for a while it was a "fad", but not one that goes away for the true enthusiast.

I think the move to the TLC Network from Discovery was a bad idea, and glad it is now back on Discovery. TLC like's to take advantage of different family scenarios for profit (the whole Kate Gosselin thing, "SisterWives", even a show about "little people" who make chocolate. These people make the tabloids every week, and the more the drama, the more the ratings.

It's sad to hear the drama is real, but I'm sure the Discovery Channel isn't doing one thing to help repair any wounds.

I feel bad that there's been such animosity between family members. I do hope eventually those ties get restored. At the end of the day, that's all you got is your family.

PS, met Vinnie last year at his shop. Hell of a guy.

Nice to some more of my stuff on the fallen heroes bike.

Edited by 38ff

The show just intensified the history of problems the family already had before the show.

Also goes to show that you can't / shouldn't work with family (in most instances) in the same business.