Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Organ Donation

10 posts in this topic

I know this is kind of a taboo subject, and not one many of us like to think about.

Organ Donation.

Are you signed up to donate your organs properly (signed up with an agency, not just signing your drivers license), and does your family know your wishes?

We are lifesavers, and god forbid our life is taken from us before our time, we have the chance to save another life still, even a few other lives.

We won't need them anymore. What good would they do decaying in the ground when somebody can be given a new chance at life with it?

I know this is kind of a taboo subject, and not one many of us like to think about.

Organ Donation.

Are you signed up to donate your organs properly (signed up with an agency, not just signing your drivers license), and does your family know your wishes?

We are lifesavers, and god forbid our life is taken from us before our time, we have the chance to save another life still, even a few other lives.

We won't need them anymore. What good would they do decaying in the ground when somebody can be given a new chance at life with it?

Signed up about 5 years ago (15 Years old at the time) with Donate Life, New York States Organ Donation Network. Additionally I have indicated on my drivers license and to my family that I would like to be an organ donor.

Make sure your family is aware AND agrees with your decision. No matter how you indicate it, and how many ways you make it plainly obvious you want to donate, your family has the ultimate say. All that the donor card does is indicate to the hospital staff that this is a conversation worth starting.

JetPhoto likes this

I am signed up to be an organ donor. Organ donation is an amazing gift for you to give countless other people. I applaud NYC for their new organ donation pilot program, think of all the lives that will be saved by this pioneering program.

Yeap already signed up as an organ donor as well.

My wishes are actually to donate my body to science. After going through cadaver lab this past summer it really opened my eyes. The gift of a cadaver to medical students provides so much to them, giving them the skills to treat many others in their time practicing. Not saying organ donation doesnt save lives, I am an organ donor as well, but I wish to be a cadaver.

I am an organ donor and registered in one the data banks. I can't remember which one.

My wishes are actually to donate my body to science. After going through cadaver lab this past summer it really opened my eyes. The gift of a cadaver to medical students provides so much to them, giving them the skills to treat many others in their time practicing. Not saying organ donation doesnt save lives, I am an organ donor as well, but I wish to be a cadaver.

you should read Stiff by Mary Roach then; it is a fantastic book that will illuminate you into the life of bodies once the individual has died.

http://www.amazon.com/Stiff-Curious-Lives-Human-Cadavers/dp/0393050939

I'm an organ donor. I've been registered since I could. I even have the little heart on my license to indicate I am.

I am signed up to be an organ donor. Organ donation is an amazing gift for you to give countless other people. donation pilot program, think of all the lives that will be saved by this pioneering program.

I haven't heard much about this program? Is this the one where FDNY staffs an ambulance to pick up and deliver organs?