Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Brooklyn in Black and White

19 posts in this topic

Drilling with bed ladder pipe at Brooklyn Union Gas Plant 1974......L to R ..Steve "Whitefish" Ternlund (now Bn Commander Bn*41,only member still active that worked on Siegel St. also one of the originators of the FF Ski Races ...One Way House Hunter 1973)......Tim Sullivan, John Alessi, Jack kleehaas, Manny lopez, Ken Bistyga RIP. ....the rig is our first '74 seagrave.

Photos posted with permission of the owner.

post-1020-0-31456700-1293279783.jpg

D.C. Stier Div*11.......B.C.Telasmanich ....Bn*35.........108 Flag on rig is an actual MARINE CORP GUIDON flag from platoon 108 at Recruit Depot Parris Island.

post-1020-0-35627200-1293281101.jpg

George, awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

I love that 65' Mack Tower.

George, awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

I love that 65' Mack Tower.

A very generous retired chief (is in the 1st photo) is the one to thank. Merry Christmas Mike! :)

(more coming when I get some time later)

Edited by efdcapt115

LAD*108 ....&....TL*146 .....Manhattan Ave mid 70s..........JK at tip of Aerial grabbing a breath.

post-1020-0-82094400-1293331930.jpg

Great Photos !

Over to the Rock....

post-1020-0-23155200-1293321677.jpg

All of these officers were/are likely notable in their own right. There's one in particular who was a true standout. Anybody spot him?

Got him. Paddy Brown. Front row, 4th from the right. The chief this collection belongs to is a legend in the job as well. Never met either he or, Paddy Brown, but their reputations definitely precede them. These were the good old days, when almost every rig in the job was a tiller, some had the plywood riot covers. Tower Ladders were in their infancy. I was lucky to have come around in the years of the second and third generation of the tower ladders and the third and fourth generations of the rearmounts. Some of the nicest looking rigs, ever.

efdcapt115 likes this

The chief this collection belongs to is a legend in the job as well.

And such a magnanimous Brother! True gentleman.

I reworked the print sizes, they came out pretty good. I hope he comes over here some time and checks it out when I get them all up.

Paddy Brown 9/11 R.I.P.

Edited by efdcapt115