Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Port Chester recruits 9 to promote safe housing

7 posts in this topic

Very interesting concept. I'm just suprised no one from the Fire Department was appointed, unless not noted in the article.

Port Chester recruits 9 to promote safe housing

By Leah Rae • January 5, 2011

PORT CHESTER — In the midst of a housing crackdown, the village board has recruited six residents and three clergy members to raise awareness of safety codes and illegal apartments.

"I don't know if people really understand what unsafe housing is when they see it," said Trustee Bart Didden, who proposed a Safe Housing Advisory Committee along with Trustee Luis Marino.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110105/NEWS02/101050345/Port-Chester-recruits-9-to-promote-safe-housing

Those people on that committee are in for a rude awakening as to my knowledge not one of them has any background in safety prevention.. And code laws.. With the exception of luis marino who's is currently a past captain of mellor hose, on the other hand I hope it works out because we have a huge overcrowding in apartments here in port chester.. BUT we will see..as an officer of the fire dept this is the first I haerd of it

x635 likes this

Those people on that committee are in for a rude awakening as to my knowledge not one of them has any background in safety prevention.. And code laws.. With the exception of luis marino who's is currently a past captain of mellor hose, on the other hand I hope it works out because we have a huge overcrowding in apartments here in port chester.. BUT we will see..as an officer of the fire dept this is the first I haerd of it

Better get active ! They have been talking about it for 4 months now. No one from the F.D. is on the committee and they don't want one " we know to much " and we live it every day.

x635 likes this

haha you absolultely right uncle ang lol...

But wait-wouldn't they immediately notify the FD, do they understand their lives could be in danger?

Who dispatches for Port Chester nowadays? Could this info be added to the CIDS database?

Who dispatches for Port Chester nowadays?

60-Control

But wait-wouldn't they immediately notify the FD, do they understand their lives could be in danger?

Who dispatches for Port Chester nowadays? Could this info be added to the CIDS database?

What Info ?