Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PEMO3

Wilmington Delaware Goes Beyond Cutting Fat and Cuts Bone.

3 posts in this topic

In a move that boggles the mind, the mayor of Wilmington Delaware has disbanded the Fire Departments heavy rescue company, Rescue 1, in an effort to save costs. (See: Wilmington (DE) Disbanding of Rescue-1 Affects all Citizens of Delaware). The article goes on to show the seriousness of this bone cutting by noting "A fire in Northeast Wilmington on Sunday afternoon emptied all of the city fire stations. When it came time to cover those stations, the nearest volunteer company refused to respond opting to cover from their own station. Members took a real beating and at one point 2 firefighters were unaccounted for. There was no RIT coverage as the FAST Team was utilized for the firefight." Unfortunately as cities and towns start to look at their 2011-2012 budgets this type of bone cutting may become all the more common putting lives of both first responders and citizens at risk unless the emergency services community does not act proactively and educate the public on what price these "cost saving" cuts come at.

efdcapt115 likes this

Pull up, Check for "life safety " pull a line, hand a pretyped letter to the home owner with the Mayor's phone # on it and what they have done ,then start flowing water from the safety of the outside ! We did not do this, we are here for you but with cuts that out of our control MY LIFE is most important to me and my family. 2 IN 2 OUT IS A LIFE SAVER!

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Pull up, Check for "life safety " pull a line, hand a pretyped letter to the home owner with the Mayor's phone # on it and what they have done ,then start flowing water from the safety of the outside ! We did not do this, we are here for you but with cuts that out of our control MY LIFE is most important to me and my family. 2 IN 2 OUT IS A LIFE SAVER!

Could be coming to North Stamford next!!!!