Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hv911

10-13 Charity Drive

6 posts in this topic

DONATIONS NEEDED - URGENT CHARITY FUNCTION

PLEASE READ BELOW FOR DETAILS OR TO DONATE

THE CODY PROJECT:

The Wappingers Falls Police Department, K9 Unit, has recently been hit with a hard blow. The Departments K9 "Cody", was recently diagnosed with a Canine version of ALS (Lou Gherigs Disease). Cody, has been with the Wappingers PD, working side-by-side with his handler, Officer Ashworth, for over 6 years now. Cody, is the second dog that Officer Ashworth has worked with at Wappingers Police. His first partner, MAX, a German Shepherd Police Dog, suffered a line of duty injury and had to be put down.

Cody has been with Officer Ashworth for over 6 years helping to keep Wappingers Falls, Dutchess County, and the surrounding towns and villages safe. The K9 unit responds to calls for assistance from Wappingers Falls Police, Dutchess County Sheriffs Office, New York State Police and many other law enforcement agencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Officer Ashworth and the Department are now in the process of having to purchase and acquire a new Canine. The cost of the new canine, with training, is over $11,000.00 Dollars. Wappingers Falls Police Department is now taking donations to help offset the costs for the department to acquire this new Canine. Although this is an extremely sad and heart wrenching time for Officer Ashworth and The Wappingers Falls Community the necessity of the Canine and his importance and role in keeping the community safe is first and foremost. Wappingers Falls Police and K9 Handler Officer Ashworth will be extremely grateful for every donation they receive. Every donation is extremely helpful regardless of its size.

OUR PART:

Hudson Valley Emergency Outfitters, INC. is currently taking up a collection for THE CODY PROJECT. 100% of all donations will be given to The Wappingers Falls Police K9 Unit. If you would like to make a donation you can do so at www.hudsonvalleyemergency.com, through our donation center. Once you click on the donation you would like to make, you will be brought to our Community Outreach PAYPAL payment center, where you can make your donation securely via Credit Card or your PayPal Account. An email will be sent to you with a receipt of your transaction for your records.

There are 4 donation levels through our drive online.

Bronze Level - $50.00 Donation

Silver Level - $100.00 Donation

Gold Level - $150.00 Donation

Platinum Level - $200.00 Donation or Higher

Anyone who makes a donation through our community outreach program will be sent via mail, a certificate attesting to your support of THE CODY PROJECT and THE WAPPINGERS FALLS POLICE K9 UNIT.

Please be as generous as you financially can be, every dollar makes a difference.

Those wishing to send their payments by check or wishing to donate an amount not offered on our online donation center can mail their donation to the following address.

Hudson Valley Emergency Outfitters, Inc.

C/o "The Cody Project"

15 Old Grange Rd.

East Fishkill, NY 12533

OR...

Call 845-345-3651 to make a donation over the phone.

You can also email us at THECODYPROJECT@hvemergency.com

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

***SPECIAL THANKS TO SETH AND THE EMTBRAVO.COM TEAM FOR ALLOWING US TO USE THE EMTBRAVO.COM FORUMS TO GET THE WORD OUT!***

post-18491-0-22289300-1295311842.jpg

I admire your commitment to help out. This might not be a question specifically for you....just wondering if WFPD had checked to see if there is any grant money available to help.....imo they might even go so far as to inquire with the county if it's a service provided over jurisdictional lines.....Chris would know...sucks the K9 is really sick. I know a K9 guy from Harrison, he and his partner are quite the team.

Best of luck with the fundraiser.

....just wondering if WFPD had checked to see if there is any grant money available to help.....imo they might even go so far as to inquire with the county if it's a service provided over jurisdictional lines.....Chris would know...

Best of luck with the fundraiser.

Do you mean K-9 services? Both DCSO and NYSP both have K-9 Units, as well as Town of Poughkeepsie to the North, and not 100% sure, but I think Town of Fishkill might as well. I highly doubt most any, if any at all, would turn down any request for K-9 services.

Do you mean K-9 services? Both DCSO and NYSP both have K-9 Units, as well as Town of Poughkeepsie to the North, and not 100% sure, but I think Town of Fishkill might as well. I highly doubt most any, if any at all, would turn down any request for K-9 services.

That might have been fuzzily put....apologies

I meant asking for grant money for a new K9 and the time for the officer to train with his new partner, as in the request for the 10-13...or did I read it wrong too...

@efdcapt: Thanks for your advice. I believe that the wfpd is looking into grants to help, but I will definitely put the suggestion out there to them, as it can only help. The only problem I can see with the grant, is that they take time to write and get approved, the need to get and train a new canine may not be able to wait for that amount of time, I think. While grant money would be great to recover funds laid out (if you can use them for that, not sure if you can), I don't think it would come in soon enough to be the funding source.

@xfirefighter484x: You are correct in saying that DCSO, POK, and NYSP have K9 units. To my knowledge, TOF does not have one, I know that they have a dog control vehicle, but it is not a K9 unit. I may be wrong, however, I have looked at their fleet many times and never seen a K9 vehicle. That's not to say it is not there, it simply could have been out on the road or home with the driver, when I've looked at the fleet. However, I'm 90% certain they don't have one, I will check and advise tho k. Now I do know that the Town of EAST Fishkill has a K9 Unit, as well as the City of Beacon I believe also. The K9 Units are decently spread out throughout the county, but when one goes down, it rips a piece of the entire collective, and puts a load onto the surrounding units to cover. This is another reason why getting a new K9 for Wappingers Falls, is so crucial and time sensitive, at least that's my humble opinion.

Edited by hv911