Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Mahopac FD Retired 1977 Oren Pumper - Photos

15 posts in this topic

Photos TR54 EMTBravo PFP - 1977 Oren 1500gpm Pumper, 1000 Gallon tank Mahopac NY Fire Department 18-2-2

post-23-0-69046600-1295703785.jpg

post-23-0-92264700-1295703822.jpg

post-23-0-82462900-1295703847.jpg

Does the department still own the truck or is it privately owned now?

Does the department still own the truck or is it privately owned now?

truck is owned by the chief of the department

Edited by MoFire390

at one time it put fires out....shouldnt matter what its called

at one time it put fires out....shouldnt matter what its called

You can have a ladder truck, a brush truck, a rescue truck, but that is an engine

TR54 likes this

I know its an engine, but if its over 26,001 pounds and not in service as a fire apparatus, per DOT it's a "truck". And technically if its a "truck" per DOT, you need a CDL.

LOL thats why I wrote "Pumper" in the start of the thread. :D

joeynymedic is right ,,it is in great shape.

Really nice looking truck, pumper, engine, tender, tanker. big rig, what ever it is! jk

It is very well taken care of. I got a chance to shoot it a couple of years ago. If memory serves me right, it's in a little office parking lot about a quarter mile from Mahopac's main house on Rt. 6 on the left hand side if you're heading towards Carmel. And, for the hair splitters in this thread, it is a very nice piece of apparatus.

Edited by JBE

Is the wheelbase as long as it looks in the third picture, or is it just the angle of the shot? (or maybe I'm delusional)

Is the wheelbase as long as it looks in the third picture, or is it just the angle of the shot? (or maybe I'm delusional)

Looks like the angle of the picture that is making it truck / pumper/ rig ( :P ) look long.

The town next to me had two 1981 Hahn pumpers with 1000 gallon tanks and a similar body style. I compared a old picture I had of them at the similar angle Mahopac's pumper is and they too look deceivingly long. If you look at the size of the compartment doors you should be able to get an idea of how long the body is.

Trust me, it has a long wheelbase and turned like crap. We have it's twin still in service (Scheduled to be replaced this year). Here is a couple older in service pictures

post-17-0-31436400-1295884331.jpgpost-17-0-20126300-1295884435.jpg

Edited by EJS1810