Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

Arlington, NY Fire Chief's position available

2 posts in this topic

The Arlington Fire Department (Town of Poughkeepsie) is seeking applicants for the newly created position of Fire Chief.

The Arlington Fire District serves a large portion of the Town of Poughkeepsie, New York .It covers approximately 34 square miles and serves a population of about 38,000 residents. It is a combination department with 78 career firefighters, medics and EMT’s. It also has 4 volunteer companies with approximately 80 volunteer members. The department provides fire/rescue and advanced life support EMS services and in 2010 handled 5200 alarms.

Candidates for the position of chief officer must currently be serving as a career civil service chief

or serving as a career deputy or assistant chief but also on a current New York State civil service chiefs

list. Supervisory experience in a combination fire department is preferred.

A salary commensurate with experience will be offered with a board ordered resolution capping the

starting salary at $105,000.

The district plans to have this change implemented by April 1, 2011. At this time the department is

soliciting resumes for the position of Chief of Department. Interested parties should send their

resumes to the Arlington Fire District Secretary, Renne Oneill at Arlington Fire District HQ, 11 Burnett

Blvd., Poughkeepsie NY 12603.

For questions please contact Chief John Richardson at jrichardson@afd.org.

To review the districts web page see www.afd.org.

I'd consider it, but I just can't deal with temperatures below 70 degrees anymore.... :P

Edit: Apologies to all of my Brothers up north. I just spoke with my dad and he told me they got about 18 inches of snow in south Westchester. I'm sure many of you are dealing with snow today, and my heart goes out to all of you.... :rolleyes: The last thing you probably want to hear about is warm weather down here.....sorry.

Edited by efdcapt115