Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Snow Shots!

17 posts in this topic

I'll start this off because I don't have anything to share, other then it is 12 degrees with rolling blackouts in Central Texas, which doesn't make for a good photo.

Since we have members from all over the nation and world, share with us photos from this massive storm from where you are and what outside looks like.

How does it feel to be in 14 degree weather????? LOL Just saw Dallas - Forth Worth's weather forecast. Its colder down there than in Green Bay!!! I'll post a pic later at my house.

Was just on the phone with an associate in Houston and the land line (office phone network with a server that requires 120v power) went dead with a rolling blackout...

Ed, it's statewide. My power's already gone off three times today. Statewide Emergency for the Republic Of Texas due to insufficient online generator power, and the operator of the statewide grid is rationing out electricity to cities. I wonder if this has anything to due with space heaters?

TXCHEIF, you guys are getting it the worst in the state! I imagine the same power situation in Dallas? Perfect timing with the Super Bowl. It's funny that the guys from Green Bay and Pittsburgh are complaining about the weather on the news!!

Ed, it's statewide. My power's already gone off three times today. Statewide Emergency for the Republic Of Texas due to insufficient online generator power, and the operator of the statewide grid is rationing out electricity to cities. I wonder if this has anything to due with space heaters?

TXCHEIF, you guys are getting it the worst in the state! I imagine the same power situation in Dallas? Perfect timing with the Super Bowl. It's funny that the guys from Green Bay and Pittsburgh are complaining about the weather on the news!!

Seth -

Are these blackouts being done to avoid catastrophe similar to what happened on the east coast during the summer of '02 or '03?

Are these blackouts being done to avoid catastrophe similar to what happened on the east coast during the summer of '02 or '03?

ERCOT, which operates the Texas Electric grid, is saying that they lost several power plants due to an ice storm. Unknown when these plants will be back online and feeding the grid.

People running the Super Bowl and related events are freaking out.

On top of this, they are predicting snow for Central and North Texas on Friday.

We are getting rolling brownouts here in Fort Worth , I had one earlier this morning for about 20 minutes but nothing since. Still calls for Upper-50's for kick-off time on Sunday. As they say down here wait a hour and the weather will change.

I'll start this off because I don't have anything to share, other then it is 12 degrees with rolling blackouts in Central Texas, which doesn't make for a good photo.

Since we have members from all over the nation and world, share with us photos from this massive storm from where you are and what outside looks like.

I keep hearin' about this storm, but looking up the waterway, I still don't see nuthin' and the temperature keeps on arisin'...79... (Sorry you asked for photos... B) )

post-1020-0-93099000-1296669656.jpg

JetPhoto, PFDRes47cue and WAS967 like this

Lat: 44.48° Long: -73.20°

Burlington, Vermont @ 14:00 hours

100 yards from Fletcher Allen Level I Trauma Center ED.

vtsnow.bmp

I keep hearin' about this storm, but looking up the waterway, I still don't see nuthin' and the temperature keeps on arisin'...79... (Sorry you asked for photos... B) )

Thanks for rubbing it in George...I hope you get sun burned on the top of your head........

post-1341-0-44817300-1296679369.jpg

post-1341-0-86898400-1296679379.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Potsdam, NY...14 inches forecasted today. Snow Drifts as deep at 7 feet. Cars in parking lots are completely covered by snow drifts. It's pretty funny looking actually.

Walkway behind my house...

post-16367-0-87663800-1296679877.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this

Not from today's storm, but 01/12/11. Pictures taken in Cornwall Meadows, Patterson, NY

post-917-0-20688200-1296684653.jpg

running out of room to put the snow

post-917-0-54625400-1296684674.jpg

x635 likes this

RUB IT IN CAP!!!!

This is what I found when I woke up this AM:

Round Rock, TX-Central TX Region

post-11-0-82635600-1296856864.jpg

efdcapt115 likes this