Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

Pleasantville Tower Ladder 5

12 posts in this topic

While passing through Pleasantville today, I spotted the new Tower Ladder 5, a 2010 KME 95'. Here are a couple quick pictures I was able to take while crews were familiarizing themselves in the operation of the tower ladder. Once the weather improves I will return to take some better photos.

Starting with the driver's side:

post-917-0-16255300-1296965581.jpg

post-917-0-66869000-1296965592.jpg

Edited by grumpyff
PFDRes47cue likes this

spread of the outriggers

post-917-0-64514100-1296965754.jpg

officer's side

post-917-0-62389400-1296965777.jpg

hope these are a nice teaser until better weather and better placement

PFDRes47cue and x635 like this

great shots! I have always wondered, what is the purpose of that blue strobe light on the end of the tower?

great shots! I have always wondered, what is the purpose of that blue strobe light on the end of the tower?

It's so the operator can see where the bucket is in bad weather or smokey conditions. Cheers!

thanks "grumpy", glad you spotted us playing in the rain. looking forward to your next shots!

Looking forward to better weather as well. I need to get out and about in Westchester.

yeah, as mentioned I want better photos of PLeasantville TL-5, and some pictures of Thornwood's new Sutphen Engine, E-88. I saw one cell phone picture, its black over yellow. Anyone from Thornwood OTA? PM me to set something up

Thanks for posting some pictures! I can not wait to get back from school and spend some time checking out the new TL-5. From the pictures I have seen and from what people back home have told me, it seems to be a real nice truck.

It's so the operator can see where the bucket is in bad weather or smokey conditions. Cheers!

Some departments are having there new ladders outfitted with an LED ribbon light that runs the length of the ladder for this purpose. It also helps with vision while walking up the ladder in heavy smoke. From my experience, this has been a great help.

For example...

A few different views of the running lights on Potsdam FD's new Tower 5 (Photos property of Potsdam FD)

post-16367-0-72494000-1297028338.jpg

post-16367-0-35506100-1297028360.jpg

post-16367-0-77036400-1297028400.jpg

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Looks awesome! Long time coming for Pleasantville, hope they have many drama-free filled years with it!

What was the final dispostion with the old TL-5 (Spartan/Baker)? Was it sold to another department?

Thanks K for the photos!