Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hidden Danger At Indoor Ice Rinks

5 posts in this topic

The Today Show had on a very interesting piece about Carbon Monoxide and Ice Skating Rinks. Even though some may think it is a "no-duh", it's still an interesting piece.

"Hidden Danger At Indoor Ice Rinks"

http://today.msnbc.m...84891/#41508607

Interesting. A lot of rinks however use liquid propane for fuel (or atleast i thought). These emit up to 60% less carbon monoxide. I have been to several activated fire alarms at indoor ice rinks but have never been to an activated CO alarm at an indoor rink with CO detectors. Makes you wonder if they are working...

Interesting. A lot of rinks however use liquid propane for fuel (or atleast i thought). These emit up to 60% less carbon monoxide. I have been to several activated fire alarms at indoor ice rinks but have never been to an activated CO alarm at an indoor rink with CO detectors. Makes you wonder if they are working...

Lots of hazards at skating rinks to be aware of. Anhydrous Ammonia, lubricating oils, high voltage electricity to name a few. If you have a rink in your district, it would be wise to check it out on field inspection. Have the crews show you the refrigeration room and the location of possible hazards. At the very minimum it makes for an interesting training session.

efdcapt115 and x635 like this

Lots of hazards at skating rinks to be aware of. Anhydrous Ammonia, lubricating oils, high voltage electricity to name a few. If you have a rink in your district, it would be wise to check it out on field inspection. Have the crews show you the refrigeration room and the location of possible hazards. At the very minimum it makes for an interesting training session.

We have done this, it is very cool to check out the behind-the-scenes side of the ice rink. It was very informative as well.

23 ppm at the rink I was in last night on my personal co monitor.

Edited by firebuff860