Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Danbury, CT - Police Officer (closing 3/10/2011)

1 post in this topic

Actual closing date is April 7, 2011*

2/7/2011 - Certified & Entry Level Police Officers

CITY OF DANBURY

CERTIFIED & ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICERS

(Salary: $52,752/year as of July 1, 2010 per Union Contract)

The City of Danbury is currently seeking Certified and Entry Level Police Officers. City of Danbury Police Officers are responsible for the preservation of public peace, the protection of life and property, the prevention of crime, and the proper enforcement of all laws and ordinances.

Applicants must pass a battery of tests including written, oral, physical agility, polygraph, psychological and physical examinations, interviews and an extensive background investigation. The City of Danbury encourages qualified women and minorities to apply.

Requirements:

§ High School Diploma or Equivalent

§ Valid driver’s license

§ Valid C.H.I.P. Card with an expiration date that is later than the application closing date of April 7, 2011. Applicants must make their own separate arrangements to take the C.H.I.P. physical agility test by accessing www.policeapp.com. The C.H.I.P. must be passed at the 40th percentile

§ At least 21 years of age by the application closing date of April 7, 2011

§ U.S. Citizen

§ 20/50 vision in each eye, correctable to 20/20 in each eye and normal hearing without use of any hearing aid or other device

§ No Felony, Class A or Class B misdemeanor convictions

If you do not meet the above minimum requirements, your application will not be accepted by the Civil Service Commission nor will you receive a refund of your application fees.

Before submitting an application, you must carefully read the Application Information, Instructions, and Requirements packet.

As paper applications will not be accepted, internet access is available at the Human Resources/Civil Service Department, Danbury City Hall 155 Deer Hill Ave Danbury, CT 06810. A $35 application fee is required and payable online. Applications must be completed by midnight on April 7, 2011. Applications will not be accepted after this closing date.

Join us at one of our Voluntary Information Sessions

March 12, 2011 at 10:00am, 12:00pm or 2:00pm

At the Danbury Police Department, 375 Main Street, Danbury, CT 06810

Space is limited - Registration is required

To register contact Human Resources by March 10, 2011 at humanresources@ci.danbury.ct.us or 203-797-4598

My link

Edited by billy98988