Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Could Greenburgh PD Get A New Police Headquarters?

4 posts in this topic

Greenburgh really does need a new police station, and this property would be perfect. I think it should have become a supermarket or home improvement store a LONG time ago, but it's been sitting not generating any money. The current GPD Headquarers would probaly bring in more money, due to it's prominent positioning on the busy Route 119.

This could include a garage for ALL Greenburgh PD vehicles, especially their SOD apparatus. Also, I think the property is big enough, if used right, to include a police and fire training center and EOC.

It would have also made a perfect Town Hall site several years ago when they were looking.

$3.3 Million should be nothing to Greenburgh, especially considering they spent $30+ Million on a new Library that was outrageously designed.

(I wish it had just stayed Flower Time...they had a cool Haunted House!)

Greenburgh considers uses for abandoned nursery property

Feb 24, 2011

Written by

Stacy A. Anderson

GREENBURGH — The town is considering uses for a newly acquired asset that could provide a stream of additional revenue.

The town has acquired the former site of Frank's Nursery — nearly 7 acres worth $3.3 million — near the Sprain Brook Parkway on Dobbs Ferry Road (Route 100B). The nursery and craft chain store closed in 2004 after filing for bankruptcy. The town took the property earlier this month because of nonpayment of taxes.

FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110224/NEWS02/102240340/Greenburgh-considers-uses-abandoned-nursery-property?obref=obinsite

Well, they can find the funding for a 70+ million dollar library that's already falling apart, but as far as a Police station:

But some think the town has more urgent needs than a place to play.

"What the town really needs the most now is a police headquarters," Police Chief Joseph DeCarlo said.

The current 1950s headquarters on Tarrytown Road is antiquated and too small for the 116 police officers and 42 civilians who share it. It's also plagued by roof, heating and air-conditioning problems.

Easy access to the Sprain Brook Parkway makes the nursery site a good location, DeCarlo said.

Feiner said a new police station and courthouse would cost from $20 million to $30 million.

"We don't have the money at this time," he said.

(Source: LoHud.com)

I understand it will bring in tax revenue, but so will their current headquarters on the busy Route 119 corridor that has more visibility.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011106080317

Greenburgh really does need a new police station, and this property would be perfect. I think it should have become a supermarket or home improvement store a LONG time ago, but it's been sitting not generating any money. The current GPD Headquarers would probaly bring in more money, due to it's prominent positioning on the busy Route 119.

This could include a garage for ALL Greenburgh PD vehicles, especially their SOD apparatus. Also, I think the property is big enough, if used right, to include a police and fire training center and EOC.

FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110224/NEWS02/102240340/Greenburgh-considers-uses-abandoned-nursery-property?obref=obinsite

I have no idea if Greenburgh does or doesnt need a new PD. But to suggest a police and fire training center theres already one less than 5 miles away. Building another is a stupid duplication just to keep another fiefdom.

dadbo46 likes this

Its been long overdue for a new station..is there only one station GPD uses? instead of creating one big station, why not build smaller stations dispersed around the area? Im sure it would be more cost effective..