Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demps121

Firefighter Exam

38 posts in this topic

My proctors said to do all 105 regardless of the directions, and I did not sign up for the NRFD test. I guess that is what you get when you hire Latisha and Shaquanda to proctor your exams. The only person I saw that had any idea of what to do or what was going on was some woman who was floating around from room to room.

I don't know the methods in which they grade the tests but since it is a computer read scantron sheet that is only programmed to read the answers to questions that it is programmed to read, I doubt that it would realize you answered to many question and I doubt an actual person would be looking to see if you answered to many, but that is just my quess. I doubt the gov't has enough money to check whether you did 60 vs.105.

Unless there is any proof that it is an automatic failure I would not listen to the fear-mongers and just wait for the results in 6 months.

And I did notice that too when the entire class looked up and moved their head exactly 45 degrees in unison when L-32 drove by code 3.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Comprehending instructions properly is part of the exam and being able to follow orders is part of the job.

Comprehending instructions properly is part of the exam and being able to follow orders is part of the job.

[/quot

A friend of mine told me when he was going down to ONE PP to meet his investigating officer for the NYPD the sheet said to wear business attire. He said they lined everybody up according to boroughs. Then a investigator got on a bull horn and told everybody not in business attire please step out of line and go home, come back when you can follow instructions about 200 people left. So from this point on make sure you read all your info twice and double check every thing you do. and make copies.

CLM92982 likes this

It wouldn't be that hard to see if the person did 60 or 105 because you have to look at them to know whether to put it in the scanner to grade 60 or 105 plus it's not hard to figure it out. Look at the top if it says 1 test other than NRFD then it was 60 if there's two including NRFD it's 105 done! So in fact they do have money because you have to look in order to grade them.

if you crossed filed for New Rochelle and The county, you wont get penalized for doing all 105, right?

well since you HAD to do all 105 if you cross filed, I think you're in the clear.....

6 months is going to feel like ten years. :mellow:

It wouldn't be that hard to see if the person did 60 or 105 because you have to look at them to know whether to put it in the scanner to grade 60 or 105 plus it's not hard to figure it out. Look at the top if it says 1 test other than NRFD then it was 60 if there's two including NRFD it's 105 done! So in fact they do have money because you have to look in order to grade them.

I'm sure the people feeding the machines scoring aren't looking at the forms - and probably don't have a clue what the test is for, or what is required of that test.

Likewise the agency that hire from the list I'm sure just get a list of applicants and scores and never see the test answer form.

Now of course, if you can't follow the directions and write the wrong code for the test - then that's a different story ....