Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Invasion Of The Leafblowers

13 posts in this topic

Well, Spring has arrived, I hope.

Although Winter is not my favorite season, there are certainly things I enjoy, like the peace and quiet free of loud lawn equipment.

This morning, at 0730 hrs, I had the pleasure of being awakened by a landscaping crew. They were at my neighbors house, who has a small piece of propery, blowing debris. OK, I can understand the use of the blower in this situation.

So, what's my problem? These terrorists, who robbed me of my precious sleep, had 4 backpack leafblowers going at once for one small piece of property. So, after about 15 minutes of this LOUD LOUD disturbance, they shut them down, finished up, and left. Went back to sleep, was having a dream about a ride in the bucket of 57 truck, and another crew came at 0900. Stress repeats, blood pressure rises, and the bucket never leaves the ground!!

This is a disturbing trend I think is getting worse. Wouldn't 1 leafblower suffice? What happened to a rake? What happened to the push blowers?? Why do they need 4 at a time FOR 15 frikkin minutes on a small piece of property!!? I know this is a NIMBY yuppie complaint, but each of my neighbors has a different lawn crew that comes first thing in the AM with these things and wakes me up. I would like to sleep late at least one day of the week!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Ok,Seth I'll send you a few sets of the earplugs we use at work maybe that'll help?????? LOL Living where I do NOW, I don't have that problem, but then again I'm up at 0430 Mon_Fri so that might help. Seriously though, the last two places I was at I had many a "rude awakening so I can sympathize with you on this one!

What's the point of a leafblower? One nice breeze comes along and then you have to blow the leaves again. The best thing to do is to drive the lawn mower over them; it creates mulch that you can get rid of with your grass clippings, and there's no mess after a breezy day.

GREAT TIME OF YEAR. I LANDSCAPE THE USE OF A BACK PACK WITH A COUPLE OF BIG BLOWERS ARE GREAT FRO A CLEAN UP. I SPENT THREE HOURS AT A HOUSE TODAY AND HAD A NEIBHOR CALL A COP ON ME AND MT PLEASANT FINEST SAW ME AND SAID DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT BUT NOT EVERYONE IS SO LUCKY TO KNOW ALL THE COPS

I love this time of year, when I do any landscaping around the house, I warm up every piece of equipment I have for about 1/2 hr, mower, trimmer, leaf blower, hedge trimmer and the chain saw all at the same time. I have also modified the equipment by removing all the mufflers and silencers to make sure the whole neighborhood knows what I am doing. Oh by the way x635 I am moving to the Ardley area. HAHA

....was having a dream about a ride in the bucket of 57 truck....

Just a hunch, I'm really not sure if anyone cares to know about your sleeping habits.

ah to live on 150 acres only mower,whipper snipper,blower noise you hear is your own,but hell that bull next door does make a dam loud noise whenever he's horny and see's one of my cows.

Seth- I think greenburgh has noise ordinances before 8am, you shoulda called the cops!

Just be happy that the sound of a leafblower is comforting compared to the sounds of a 2 stroke dirtbike

...or the sound of a plow scraping the pavement followed by the sound of rock salt hitting your car!

X635 Said:

Went back to sleep, was having a dream about a ride in the bucket of 57 truck, and another crew came at 0900. Stress repeats, blood pressure rises, and the bucket never leaves the ground!!

And people think that I'm crazy and have problems. Glad thats all we had to head about the dream, "The bucket never leaves the ground!!" Is it just me or is there another meaning in there?

Freud would be proud.

was having a dream about a ride in the bucket of 57 truck

You really need to take a non buff vacation or at least a day or two off from all of this.