Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Task Force 7

Some of Dallas Fire Rescue's new rides!

5 posts in this topic

Here's one of the first Tower Ladders in Dallas. Dallas has been a all Spartan Quality, Spartan Crimson dept. since the early 80's. They've even gone back to Tillers in some parts of the city. :D

FRI2009031.jpg

Engine 33

FRI2009005.jpg

B.C. 6

FRI2009006.jpg

B.C. 9

FRI2009007.jpg

All photos are property of Task Force 7.

firedude likes this

BC 6 has a nice ride...I like the idea of the light tower. What all is carried in the back besides command stuff?

BC 6 has a nice ride...I like the idea of the light tower. What all is carried in the back besides command stuff?

I could be completely wrong on this, but I believe the Ford F-Series BC is part of the Dallas Fire Rescue High Angle/ Technical Rescue Team. Dallas has two stations that do this. One is Station 19 where that Tower Ladder is from on the Eastside of downtown, and the other is Station 15 in Oak Cliff South of downtown. As to what they carry, I couldn't tell you. Sorry! They didn't have anything back there when I took this picture that I can remember.

Edited by Task Force 7

Awesome shots, Pete! Where did you photgraph these?

Also, Dallas is getting back into the rearmount arena as well.

Hope to get back up that way soon...

Awesome shots, Pete! Where did you photgraph these?

Also, Dallas is getting back into the rearmount arena as well.

Hope to get back up that way soon...

Seth, these pictures were taken inside the Dallas Convention Center. You're correct Dallas did run alot of midmount ladders in the 80's. Now they're switching back to the rear mounts. Altough they're finding out that some of the fire stations are too small to accomadate the larger trucks. The tillers are mostly being used in the downtown area as well as in North Dallas where traffic is congested around LBJ Freeway. Over the last five years or so, Dallas has been replacing the older stations built in the 40's and 50's with new larger state of the art facilities that can accomadate the newer larger apparatus. Not too mention, but some of the old fire stations here in Dallas you would not want to live in for 24 hours. :blink: