Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demps121

What is New York Rescue Response Team?

62 posts in this topic

You guys gotta look at it this way. These guys are out there doing the light work (trees down, pumping water, lighting) so that the rescuers can be out there doing actual rescue work. Unless of course you're the kind of company that likes to be tied up on a "tree down" job.

I was thinking the same thing Bull. They might be a complete bunch of stem whackers, but if they want to cut trees up for me, while I sleep at night during a storm stand-by, All the more power to them. I'll gladly take the rest. I need my beauty sleep.

Well isn't that what the DPW is for? I mean if these guys get hurt, who does the crap fall on? Ya it is great that we can do the real work but this is one incident. There is a lot of them on actual jobs (abet their behind the yellow tape). I have come to the conclusion that they are just a RAC unit. Sometimes they sneak onto the scene to get there gear dirty so it look like they are "real" fire department members. I guess it just bothers me that no one seems to care about these guys. I mean you show up anywhere else like this and you are gonna get asked to leave, or maybe arrested (depending on the PO on the scene). I mean are these guys lumberjacks? DO they know the proper way to cut a tree? All the seem to have is a chainsaw. One guys is using jean as his uniform. I mean come one would you want these guys on your scene distracting you?