Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demps121

What is New York Rescue Response Team?

62 posts in this topic

https://www.facebook.com/NYRRT

look at there pictures. I really can't figure out what the organization is.

New York Rescue Response Team, Inc.

The New York Rescue Response Team, Inc., (NYRRT) is an independent not-for-profit search and rescue organization. Dedicated to search and rescue.. "...that others may live."

We will respond to any official law enforcement or otherwise designated incident command agency.

Response to persons in distress has long been an honorable, charitable tradition. The professionals in search and rescue have carried on this tradition of helping others by dedicating time, information, skills, equipment and funding to the relief of suffering. We are actively working toward the development of improved coordination and communications among federal, state, local, and volunteer groups. Our primary goal is to aid in the implementation of an integrated emergency response, rescue and recovery system.

A few months, I remember reading about some volunteer organization (not a VFD) that wanted recognition by FDNY but was refused. There is no provision in NY State law for this kind of group.. I am not sure if this is the group or not, but it sounds like the article I read.

They appear to be a small group of buffs who have taken their hobby to a ridiculous level. I am not aware of them having any official affiliation with any N.Y.C. agency. It seems like these (Police - Fire - E.M.S. - Search & Rescue - Command Post - Scene Lighting, etc. "Fans", Sparks", "Buffs", "Impostors" ...) have found themselves with too much time on their hands and spare cash in their pockets and decided to purchase a large quantity of official looking stuff (radios, lights, vehicles, etc.). They have creatively lettered their somewhat official looking vehicle to look like an F.D.N.Y. SUV and put together a Facebook page and a website full of photos of the same couple of young looking kids standing in the background at various emergency scenes. How long it will take for the N.Y.P.D. or the Fire Marshall's to look below the surface and figure out that they are not on scene in an official capacity and should not be inside Police or Fire Lines ... They seem to be similar to this 'group': My link

Edited by bad box
firedude, mreis95 and waful like this

One of the things that I don't get is why?

Even NYC, which is predominantley career emergency services, still has plenty of volunteer oppurtunities:

• Legitimate Volunteer EMS/ FD
  • NYPD Auxiliary Police
  • Legitimate OEM Community Emergency Response Teams
  • American Red Cross volunteers

and the list could go on.

If I had to guess it is because, any of those orginizations listed above have training and attendance requirements, as well as rules and SOG's that need to be followed on scene.

The people above want to be emergency responders, but on their own terms.

What a joke. NYRRT used to be the REAL USAR teams for the state, the name was switched to NYTF after 9-11.

Support your Search and Rescue Team...GET LOST"

(Seen on a Coast Guardsman's Bumper)

Edited by wraftery
JBE likes this

They appear to be a small group of buffs who have taken their hobby to a ridiculous level. I am not aware of them having any official affiliation with any N.Y.C. agency. It seems like these (Police - Fire - E.M.S. - Search & Rescue - Command Post - Scene Lighting, etc. "Fans", Sparks", "Buffs", "Impostors" ...) have found themselves with too much time on their hands and spare cash in their pockets and decided to purchase a large quantity of official looking stuff (radios, lights, vehicles, etc.). They have creatively lettered their somewhat official looking vehicle to look like an F.D.N.Y. SUV and put together a Facebook page and a website full of photos of the same couple of young looking kids standing in the background at various emergency scenes. How long it will take for the N.Y.P.D. or the Fire Marshall's to look below the surface and figure out that they are not on scene in an official capacity and should not be inside Police or Fire Lines ... They seem to be similar to this 'group': My link

I think this sums up this group:

Segway 1 to Segway 2

:rolleyes:

But Seriously these groups are nothing more then Vol/buff groups. A cool looking patch and an official looking truck don't make you member of the team. I bet these guys just show up and provide unrequested scene lighting and maybe some rehab drinks for the men.

Is there any picture on the Segway page that is not photoshopped?

I also noticed that their "first response" vehicles appear to be missing the DOH inspection stickers for fly-cars.

On their face book page they have a picture of a 4th alarm in Queens

I noticed them at that 4th Alarm in Queens (I happened to be at a friend's 3 blocks away ), they were *not* hard to miss. 2 blacked-out unmarked cars came roaring up L&S (a Crown Vic & Tahoe - and the Crown Vic had official plates) - parked in the middle of the street. Two gentlemen got out (I think one was the guy pushing the stretcher in the pic), in civvies wearing black raid jackets that said 'NYRRT' - with Fire radios on shoulder harnesses. They brushed past the cops and actually went over to FieldCom, where they seemed to be recognized. I saw them talking to some of the fieldcom techs & chiefs, then they went into the command post.

I had no clue what capacity they serve for the city, or what services they provided...

The 'Official' plates and apparent familiarity with FDNY made me wonder if they really were legit. If they're really just 'buffs', I'm not sure how NYC/NYPD/FDNY etc lets them get away with it!

Edited by paro22

I noticed them at that 4th Alarm in Queens (I happened to be at a friend's 3 blocks away ), they were *not* hard to miss. 2 blacked-out unmarked cars came roaring up L&S (a Crown Vic & Tahoe - and the Crown Vic had official plates!?!?) - parked in the middle of the street. Two middle-aged overweight gentelmen got out (I think one was the guy pushing the stretcher in the pic), in civvies wearing black raid jackets that said 'NYRRT' - with Fire radios on shoulder harnesses. They brushed past the cops and actually went over to FieldCom, where they seemed to be recognized. I saw them talking to some of the fieldcom techs & chiefs, then they went into the command post.

I had no clue (still don't...) what capacity they serve for the city, or what services they provided...

The 'Official' plates and apparent familiarity with FDNY made me wonder if they really were legit, tho something just didn't seem right. If they're really just 'buffs', I'm not sure how NYC/NYPD/FDNY etc lets them get away with it!

If it is a Hasidic organization, as it appears to be, it is probably because of their political connections

I hope no members of this squad are on the forums, I don't know what I would do if I saw any of the things you gents just posted....

I hope no members of this squad are on the forums, I don't know what I would do if I saw any of the things you gents just posted....

I hope they are on here. They could explain what they do and who they are. It would be a good thing. Maybe they are a legit or maybe they are like i said just Buffs who know people.

Yep. If they are on here, they are more than welcome to post a rebuttal with information about what there actual on scene functions are, what level there members are trained to, what section of NYC or NYS law gives them authority to operate as an orginization, and where they get there authority for red lights and sirens.

OK so I was scanning the Emergency Medical RESCUE of NY site and I came upon this.

We have been approved by the Regional Emergency Medical Council of NYC (REMSCO) to operate at the EMT-D Level

I am not a EMT so I had to do a quick search. Are these guys not even EMT-B's? If I am reading right, they are just first responders who have AED's.

I am not a EMT so I had to do a quick search. Are these guys not even EMT-B's? If I am reading right, they are just first responders who have AED's.

EMT-D and EMT-B are the same. When defibrillators first became popular (& part of NYS protocol), the "basic" EMT course was addended to include Defibrillation, and they were designating EMT's with the new material as "EMT-D's"

bigrig77 likes this

EMT-D and EMT-B are the same. When defibrillators first became popular (& part of NYS protocol), the "basic" EMT course was addended to include Defibrillation, and they were designating EMT's with the new material as "EMT-D's"

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I hope they are on here. They could explain what they do and who they are. It would be a good thing. Maybe they are a legit or maybe they are like i said just Buffs who know people.

They're probably too scared. haha, I would be. I think they are similar to the search and rescue organization we have here, Atalaya Search and Rescue. These guys are all average guys who sit behind desks for most of the day blah blah work normal civilian jobs, but are trained in mountain search and rescue and respond with the state police to searches for missing hikers and skiers and the like, year round, but after doing some research there are beyond numerous volunteer organizations in NYC, are the NYRRT part of a FEMA task force?

They're probably too scared. haha, I would be. I think they are similar to the search and rescue organization we have here, Atalaya Search and Rescue. These guys are all average guys who sit behind desks for most of the day blah blah work normal civilian jobs, but are trained in mountain search and rescue and respond with the state police to searches for missing hikers and skiers and the like, year round, but after doing some research there are beyond numerous volunteer organizations in NYC, are the NYRRT part of a FEMA task force?

FEMA's NYTF-1 is comprised of members of the FDNY, FDNY EMS, and NYPD ESU... definitely not NYRRT.

FEMA's NYTF-1 is comprised of members of the FDNY, FDNY EMS, and NYPD ESU... definitely not NYRRT.

Apparently these kids are 'wanna be's' who either can't pass the test for P.D., F.D. or E.M.S. - OR - who don't want to be on the job at all ... maybe they just want to dress the part, run around in an official looking vehicle with flashing lights and a siren and hang out inside police & fire lines 'looking important'.

Edited by bad box

That's what I figured.

WOW very scary. To call there guys buffs is an insult to buffs. Plus a big homeland security risk. An unsuspecting police officer might let them into a scene, but these are the kind of groups that should ring alarm bells. Official looking but with no role. Who knows whats in the trailer.

They apparently take video of fires.

Just wondering what authority they have to operate with red lights and siren like on their trailer.

There's no provision for it in the approved list of authorized emergency vehicles (below):

§ 101. Authorized emergency vehicle. Every ambulance, police vehicle or bicycle, correction vehicle, fire vehicle, civil defense emergency vehicle, emergency ambulance service vehicle, blood delivery vehicle, county emergency medical services vehicle, environmental emergency

response vehicle, sanitation patrol vehicle, hazardous materials emergency vehicle and ordnance disposal vehicle of the armed forces of the United States.

Just wondering what authority they have to operate with red lights and siren like on their trailer.

There's no provision for it in the approved list of authorized emergency vehicles (below):

'civil defense emergency vehicle' maybe?

After looking at their Facebook pics, they definately do seem to have some sort of working relationship with FDNY. The only concern would be whether they are officially requested to respond to these incidents, or if they just self-dispatch and decide on their own when/where to show up & offer services?

'civil defense emergency vehicle' maybe?

After looking at their Facebook pics, they definately do seem to have some sort of working relationship with FDNY. The only concern would be whether they are officially requested to respond to these incidents, or if they just self-dispatch and decide on their own when/where to show up & offer services?

Civil Defense is a government function and subject to other sections of law (Civil Defense Acts etc.) so I don't think this group can fall under that provision.

It is an interesting question.