Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Round Rock, TX FD New Rescue 3

6 posts in this topic

City Of Round Rock, TX FD

NEW Rescue 3

2011 Ford F-550 Super Duty 4x4/AG Meir

Delivered March 2011. Tools and equipment still in the process of being mounted.

Photos by me.

DETAIL SHOTS: http://www.emtbravo.com/roundrock/roundrockfdrescue3.php

post-11-0-95171200-1300409393.jpg

DETAIL SHOTS: http://www.emtbravo.com/roundrock/roundrockfdrescue3.php

firedude likes this

Seth,

Is this really a Rescue? It looks like a Brush Truck to me. Doesn't Round Rock have a Seagrave Engine that they converted into a Rescue that I believe runs out of Station 2 in downtown? Also do they still have the Squads that they purchased from Austin after Austin decided not to use them? I recall they had one running as Squad 7 a few years ago before they built Station 7 on Oakmont and University. The Squad was stationed inside a warehouse that is like a block South of where Station 7 is now. Of course this was right when the Outlet Mall opened, and Ikea was still under construction as was Scott White Medical Center.

Is that hose reel really a long hydraulic line for the cutters?

Seth,

Is this really a Rescue? It looks like a Brush Truck to me. Doesn't Round Rock have a Seagrave Engine that they converted into a Rescue that I believe runs out of Station 2 in downtown?

Pete,

There are two of these units, both of which will replace the former light duty Rescues from Austin, at Station 1 and Station 3. One of those units will be converted into a Haz-Mat unit, the fate of the other is unknown. These units will run on most calls with their respective Engine or Quint. Having a Rescue/Brush truck is a lot more versatile to them, especially for grass fires, MVA's, and EMS calls. They wanted to get these in service as soon as possible, as I'm sure you've heard it's going to be a busy brush fire season statewide. I don't know why they are called Rescues though, but I think that may be changing.

Heavy Rescue 2 is unmanned, and only responds to specific types of calls. It will respond with Engine 2 or be picked up by another company to respond. Here are some photos I took when it went into service last year.

We have a new Chief that will be starting shortly. He was an Assistant Chief Of Special Operations for San Antonio FD. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Rescue portion of the department.

Is that hose reel really a long hydraulic line for the cutters?

It's a booster reel for water/foam.

Got it. I didn't know where the Squads had been moved to. I know I would see Squad 7 all the time when I use to go down there before Station 7 opened. Then when I was down there in November 2009, Station 7 was open and I saw the Engine running Code.

If were up to me, I would classify the new trucks as Brush trucks, if they intend to keep the two Squads classify them as Squads, and if the new Chief buys a new rig for the TRT, classify it as a Rescue. :D

BTW...Great job on the photos Seth! B)

Yes, I know how bad the grass fire season is. It's already been crazy up here. Well more like Wise, and Jack county just to the North, Northwest of me.

Edited by Task Force 7

Seth, as always, excellent photos! Will this rig respond to ems calls as well?