Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NurseMedic

What happened to the NYRRT thread?

4 posts in this topic

I was looking forward to an informed response as to what function this organization served, and the thread is gone. I attempted a search which turned up nothing. Any one able to provide info other than speculation?

There were complaints lodged about "bashing" of said organization. Matter is currently under review.

We are trying to keep all conversation here fair and balanced. We do not permit 'bashing' and organization, and yet I am sure this will bring cries of 'censorship' from the membership as usual.

Can't have it both ways. If we leave it, we're "permitting bashing", when we take it down, we get people whining about "censorship".sighsign.gif

efdcapt115 likes this

I started the original thread about that organization, in fact it was picked up of EMT bravo, and reposted on an FDNY site, it appears some of those members were maybe going to forward the organization to the Fire Marshalls for investigation. The discussion has alot of merit as people with wind breakers getting beyond firelines and possibly wanting to do harm to responders. Please reopen the thread.

Rick Dempsey

After doing some research, it turns out there are many valid concerns and it is an interesting discussion as to what consitutes a modern day "civil defense" agency. It also is made based on published descriptions on their website.

Deleting the "one liners" and removing some non-contributory content as well as some copyrighted material, we have reopened the thread for dicussion. Please keep the issue to the topic at hand, and any jokes to yourselves.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and cooperation while we looked this over. Keep in mind, if this was your department being discussed in this manner, we would take the same actions.