Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cman473

Thomas "Tom2Can" Zgrodek

10 posts in this topic

Yesterday March 23rd 2011 The Plattekill Fire Department suffered a tragic loss with the sudden passing of Active 1st Class member Thomas Zgrodek at age 23. Thomas started out as an explorer here with a small group of individuals that became known as the "A Team". He was a big part of making the explorer post successful allowing young future fire fighters to see that being a volunteer firefighter was much more than just red lights, sirens and a title. Thomas loved the Plattekill Fire Department. His out look for the department was that of pride and dedication through being extremely active, being a top responder since he has been a member, to rigorous training. Many of you would recognize Thomas from every parade picture taken in the last 6 years as he was part of our award winning color guard, he carried that axe and guarded that flag like he chose to guard any one of our lives. We watched Thomas grow, grow into a young man who's heart and sole was in saving lives, from a young explorer to a driver on the apparatus, Thomas Zgrodek gave it his all. Tom is a big part of why Plattekill Fire Rescue has become successful and he will be sorely missed. Please keep Thomas and his family in your prayers.

Services have not been decided as of yet but it will be a full firematic service.

Chris Mancuso Car 3

Thoughts and prayers are with Thomas, his family, friends, and of course the Platekill Fire Department.

Please keep us informed with the services information, and anything this site can do to help.

It's heartbreaking to read about such a young guy passing away. Sincere condolences to his family and friends and the Platekill Fire Department.

My prayers for Thomas Zgrodek and his family during this tragic time. His dedication to Platekill Fire Department was truly remarkable. Sorry for your loss of your friend.

Sincere condolences from me and the Lomontville FD to the Plattekill FD and the Zgrodek family and friends.

As a member of the Hurley FD I want to pass along mine and my departments condolences to the Zgrodek family and the Plattekill Fd

Rest in Peace Brother! God Bless you for all you did during your years with the Plattekill FD. The world needs more people like you.

My condolences to this young mans family, friends, and the Plattekill FD.

My sincere condolences go out to the Zgrodek family, friends, and Brothers/Sisters of the Plattekill FD. It is a sad time to lose such a young and prosperous individual like Tom. He will surely be missed, but will always be looking over us all.

Too early, plain and simply too early...Rest In Peace Brother Zgrodek, we have the watch from here......

All men are created equal, then a few become firemen -Unkown

From all of us at Union Vale FD, condolenses to the family and the Plattekill FD.