Followers 0
x635

Pace students rescued in White Plains fire

5 posts in this topic

Great job guys!

Pace students rescued in White Plains fire

10:37 AM, Mar. 28, 2011

Written by Randi Weiner and Richard Liebson

WHITE PLAINS -Two alert White Plains police officers roused Pace University students from a home on Grant Avenue today after a fire started in the kitchen and spread quickly through the three-story house.

Firefighters and police were called to 24 Grant Ave. about 8:48 a.m. to find the home, inhabited by seven Pace students, ablaze with smoke coming from the upper windows. Officers Jeff Park and Derrick Montiero were on patrol on North Broadway when the fire was reported and arrived at the three-story clapboard house within seconds.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110328/NEWS/110328002/Pace-students-rescued-White-Plains-fire-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Alpinerunner likes this

Great job by White Plains PD Officers Montiero and Park.

WHITE PLAINS -Two alert White Plains police officers roused Pace University students from a home on Grant Avenue today after a fire started in the kitchen and spread quickly through the three-story house.

LoHud Article

Edited by PFDRes47cue

I'mnot trying take anything away from White Plains FD, but why is this thread entitled "White Plains FD Rescues Students" when the article clip mentions it was two alert White Plains Police Officers who roused the students?

daplachta likes this

Great save WPPD, and great job WPFD!

I'mnot trying take anything away from White Plains FD, but why is this thread entitled "White Plains FD Rescues Students" when the article clip mentions it was two alert White Plains Police Officers who roused the students?

When I started this thread my title said White Plains PD. When my thread and another were merged, the title was changed. I pointed this out to X365.