Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FF402

Eastchester ambulance corps thieves almost got away

9 posts in this topic

Cops: Eastchester ambulance corps thieves almost got away

11:29 PM, Mar. 30, 2011

Written by Will David

EASTCHESTER — A White Plains resident and two from Ossining staged a daring early morning burglary at the Eastchester Volunteer Ambulance Corps, or EVAC, to steal equipment and narcotics, town police said Wednesday.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110331/NEWS02/103310398/1018/news02/Cops-Eastchester-ambulance-corps-thieves-almost-got-away

wow how low will people go, way to go to my aunt and the rest of the eastchester police dept!

Glad no members of the PD or the VAC were injured. It's sad that no place is safe any longer. Nice job by EPD apprehending the a-holes. If I am not mistaken I have heard stories of FD HQ next door being robed late at night as well a bunch of years ago. I believe they were apprehended by the members on duty.

The criminals are really stupid enough to tell the PD that they are members? WOW

The criminals are really stupid enough to tell the PD that they are members? WOW

Stupid or smart? He almost got away by playing his game. Kudos to the officer for being smart and proactive and following up on the story he was told. I mean seriously..how many people out there are wearing t-shirts saying firefighter, emt, ems, vac, fd, vollie, co ed this....such and such engine, hose, ladder, blah blah blah..that have nothing to do with emergency services or are just social members or don't even hold a single certification?

Sad that Eastchester EMS has to now review their security and potentially spend funding to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Just shows that vigilance was the key... Good job on the part of the VAC's members who heard something, saw something, and said something before these "masterminds" went a step further, potentially putting the members of the VAC and the citizens of Westchester in danger... We should be performing our duties with a watchful eye at all times...