Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjpinto

FDNY 04-03-11

7 posts in this topic

question... on half of the rigs, behind the drivers door and in front of the crew door, there is a window, and in some cases the windows are half metal... why ?? what are they ?

question... on half of the rigs, behind the drivers door and in front of the crew door, there is a window, and in some cases the windows are half metal... why ?? what are they ?

just to add, they are only on the post 2008 Seagraves. Both the engines and the TL have them.

What is the first utility looking truck?

What is the first utility looking truck?

I believe that those are Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) support units. Basically a stockpile of PPE that can be brought to HM/Chem-Bio jobs with the ladder company.

My question is if they're not staffed, who drives 'em?

I believe that those are Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) support units. Basically a stockpile of PPE that can be brought to HM/Chem-Bio jobs with the ladder company.

I believe i read somewhere if they are going to be needed memebrs from the ladder respond in them, not positive but pretty sure i was told that or read that.

All personnel assigned to the company (in this case 17 Truck) are trained to wear CPC. If required at an incident, the Ladder Company responds with their regularly assigned rig as well as the CPC vehicle.