Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenburgh rakes in cash from years-old traffic tickets

32 posts in this topic

Helicopper,

If a defendant signs off on a guilty plea signs a check and mails it in, that case should be considered closed by the defendant. Do you want every ticket holder who pleads guilty calling the desk every day saying did you get my check?? How much time would that take? If a municipality screws up, and they all do, they should admit it and move on. I am no millionaire, but I do not look for that $65 dollar check to clear every day.

I do find it odd that when I forgot to pay a ticket in Ct, I received a letter from NYS stating my DL was suspended and this person did not, but it happens.

There are responsibilities on both sides, it looks like the ticket holder in abaduck's case took care of her's and the village dropped theirs.

As others have also noted in this thread, It is part of your responsibility to insure that the matter is adjudicated. Assuming that the matter is resolved is taking a chance as was learned by one of our member's first hand. Fortunately, it was realized by him and not by a cop on the road or he may have been bailing his wife out or picking her up from a PD somewhere.

You don't have to call the court every day and you don't have to be a CPA but if you mail a check to a court to resolve a judicial matter, that is the check I'd make sure cleared. I'd also be damn sure I got a receipt from the court to insure that there were no screw-ups in the future. Courts sometimes go so far as to issue receipts even when a ticket is dismissed so the defendant has proof should there be a problem down the road.

The bottom line is that drivers and registrants of vehicles in NYS bear substantial responsibility and that responsibilty includes insuring that tickets are handled and nothing is left outstanding.

INIT915 likes this

I want to know where the money is going! Hopefully back to fund the PD! This money would be great seed money to start the process of building a new police HQ/court at the old Frank's Nursery site and enviromental cleanup there. Greenburgh rakes in cash from years-old traffic tickets. Still can't believe Greenburgh is going after these people.

Greenburgh rakes in cash from years-old traffic tickets

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110601/NEWS02/106010343/Greenburgh-rakes-cash-from-years-old-traffic-tickets?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|