Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Engine1

EMT Bravo Muster Engine

6 posts in this topic

So Its been a few years since the topic has been brought up and I figured this might be a good time to think about purchasing an EMT Bravo Muster engine. With so many depts not having enough man power or rigs, the EMT Bravo muster engine could respond to not only parades and EMT Bravo events, but it could also respond as a backup engine to any dept that needs a loaner engine or more manpower. When its not responding to calls or parades, the EMT Bravo muster engine could give fire safety demonstrations to schools and businesses as well as make public appearances. If all members donated a very small sum, EMT Bravo as a whole could purchase and regiter a nice engine or even ladder truck, off of ebay. I know the idea is kind of out there, but if you give it alot of thought, its really not a bad one, especially for the PR that EMT Bravo would get when people see the EMT Bravo muster engine in parades.

Just something for thought

So Its been a few years since the topic has been brought up and I figured this might be a good time to think about purchasing an EMT Bravo Muster engine. With so many depts not having enough man power or rigs, the EMT Bravo muster engine could respond to not only parades and EMT Bravo events, but it could also respond as a backup engine to any dept that needs a loaner engine or more manpower. When its not responding to calls or parades, the EMT Bravo muster engine could give fire safety demonstrations to schools and businesses as well as make public appearances. If all members donated a very small sum, EMT Bravo as a whole could purchase and regiter a nice engine or even ladder truck, off of ebay. I know the idea is kind of out there, but if you give it alot of thought, its really not a bad one, especially for the PR that EMT Bravo would get when people see the EMT Bravo muster engine in parades.

Just something for thought

A nice thought, IF "EMTBravo" could in fact purchase, insure, maintain, etc.... this rig simply as a parade/display/muster piece, no way would/could/should a private entity have an apparatus to "loan out" for front line service. The liability is absolutely astronomical. At the MOST, I would say EMTBravo 'could' sponsor an apparatus...

BUT...

Let's focus on the real issue... we barely bring in enough $$ to keep the forums up every year. EMTBravo makes zero profit, and sometimes the money even comes out of x635's pocket.

Though an interesting idea there seem to be too many issues with this. First issue I see is if I donate to this cause, I would expect to see this truck in NY. If a member in CA donates, he would expect to see this truck in CA. Location... issue #1. Next, Who would operate the rig? Would it be run by the emtbravo admin staff? could any member of emtbravo drive it? Staffing... issue #2. And now, maintnance. As was already said, this forum can barely keep its self afloat, How can it be expected that the members will donate on a regular basis to keep this idea going? Money... issue #3. I am not trying to rain on your parade but as you can see there are some concerns here. If you would like, PM me and we can go alittle deeper with this. I do like the idea of having an EMTbravo engine (or ladder) but there are some wrinkles in the plan so to speak.