Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigyellowtaxi

Mohegan EMS

7 posts in this topic

Heard a rumor that the paid firefighters are going to take over EMS in Mohegan Lake is this true? If so how would the Fire district do billing, now that their assets are being used for the VAC? Can the VAC bill using Fire District personnel as primary responders?

Kinda BS that a district itself can not bill.

It would never happen. The people that control the district are the fire commissioners. Many are ex-vollie chiefs, and/or are associated with the VAC. This would be "taking the ball away from the child" and simply would never happen.

Heard a rumor that the paid firefighters are going to take over EMS in Mohegan Lake is this true? If so how would the Fire district do billing, now that their assets are being used for the VAC? Can the VAC bill using Fire District personnel as primary responders?

Source/credibility of your rumor?

Someone correct me if I'm not right but doesn't empress already provide daytime coverage for mohegan

Empress does provide day time coverage when Mohegan doesn't have a duty crew

Yes. Empress provides coverage as needed. There is a set schedule of shifts the paid EMT's cover. With 24 hour notice, Empress will add or remove 1 or two EMT's, say if the regular volly EMT is sick or away. But I believe this is a daytime arrangement only, as there are no paid EMT's working nights. I do no know why that is.

Bill