Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texastom791

Photos From The Heavy Duty Truck Extrication Course Hosted By Stiloskis

10 posts in this topic

Mp134 why did your group choose to support the tractor cab like that with 2 sets of lift struts as opposed to the way my group did it with just one set of lift struts in the front ? Also did you guys chain the front wheels it doesn't appear that you did.

I don't recall ever seeing anything posted about this at the fire house. Was it for one dept or open to others

I don't recall ever seeing anything posted about this at the fire house. Was it for one dept or open to others

Stay tuned to EMTBravo.com and Stiloskis.com

Information is posted on both sites about upcoming courses.

Mp134 why did your group choose to support the tractor cab like that with 2 sets of lift struts as opposed to the way my group did it with just one set of lift struts in the front ? Also did you guys chain the front wheels it doesn't appear that you did.

Texastom

The second set of struts acted as a safety. As the front was lifted, the set in the middle of the truck was adjusted to the new height. If the front struts need to be moved, the second set keeps the truck up. As for the wheels, they were chained. You can see the chain coming down by the car's door.

Did John bring any of his rotators?

Did John bring any of his rotators?

Yes, 1 on day 1 and a different 1 on day 2. They are only used to set up the cars, the class does not use them.