Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

1949 American La France

8 posts in this topic

Taken in my driveway around 1990 ex Eastchester 1949 700 series Amercain La France Protecter [ gas J-12 engine never repowered] . Eastchester guys [older] I can't remember what engine this was other than it was a spare. EMT BRAVO member Rescue40 on board for the trip to Milford Conn. Engine 260 Muster

post-289-0-59192200-1304977895.jpg

Alpinerunner likes this

Holy cow I remember that rig at Engine 260!!!!!

Here are some photos of this engine from probably the late 80"s and early 90's I took at the Mamaroneck Car show. Notice the old NYS gold plate and the photo with the new Lafrance bell. Enjoy.

post-16834-0-50797200-1305057746.jpg

post-16834-0-71276700-1305057758.jpg

post-16834-0-36540200-1305057771.jpg

PCFD ENG58 and Alpinerunner like this

I see a worn out 3 on the door so this would have been Engine 3 aka Engine 29 Bronxville station 3.

Bronxville Engine & Hose Co #3

I see a worn out 3 on the door so this would have been Engine 3 aka Engine 29 Bronxville station 3.

Bronxville Engine & Hose Co #3

Curious do you know where the rig is today?

Memories. Had one of these 700 Series when I was on my College's student fire department in the early 70's. Ours was originally Engine 16 from the Newton, MA Fire Department which was donated to our college. Later, I rode one with South Salem Fire Department. Loved the open cab, except of course in the rain and snow.

Good work Pete,

I think Eng. 4 & 5 had black boat tops added

Bull

ptwatson likes this

Good work Pete,

I think Eng. 4 & 5 had black boat tops added

Bull

Yeah, they had black canvas tops made for them. They leaked like crazy though, and you still arrived wet in the rain..lol Chris and a bunch of other Union Corner boys wanted to buy Eng 4 in 86 but the commishoners made it difficultso it never happened. I believe it was sold to a guy who was going park it outdoors and use it for it's pumps upstate somewhere. A dame shame if you ask me! I believe the county bought Engine 5 but dont know any more of the story.