Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Does Your Department Have A Facebook Page?

3 posts in this topic

I'm noticing more and more departments are coming out with official Facebook pages. In most of the pages I've seen, these pages are used to interact with the public, providing fire safety information, department events, recruiting, etc. Of course, many departments have websites, but social networking makes it easier to pass along information in a timely manner.

Some departments are even using Twitter to get real-time messages about emergencies to citizens.

Has your department adopted social networking as another way to reach the citizens you serve? If not, why not? If you have a page, share it here.

Millerton Fire Company FB

We utilize our page to not only promote events that the fire company is participating in, but also to spread information regarding fire safety and other safety related topics. One of the more visible public relations fronts that our department uses, and I think to our advantage.

Rescue 14

It's not really used much and OFD should have a department wide page or at least each house should. Every dept should in my opinion have one. It's a great way to recruit and get yourselves involved with the public.