Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

New Rochelle Fire HQ's: Feature filming going on right now

14 posts in this topic

Tonight until about 10PM, the feature film "Freedomland" is filming at New Rochelle Fire HQ. A prop New Jersey marked Impala cop car is parked outside. Unknown if stars Julianne Moore and Samuel L. Jackson will be there today.

According to my girlfriend, who is working 30A2 today, both were there. She said Jackson walked right by her.

They are using the Yonkers Strages at 291 Tuckahoe Road, opposite Shop Rite. Bunch of prop New Jersey cop cars parked there if you want photos.

see the front page for photos of those RMPs

Thanks for the great photos. They may also film at the church on the corner of Elm Street and Walnut which was also used in "The Preacher's Wife" several years back. Tell me if you hear about any other Yonkers locations, I work as a backround extra.

Scorcese's "The Departed" is also using the Tuckahoe Road stages.

some great shots.any new updates on the filming in yonkers.what is this movie suppose to be about.

I didn't hear anything else about the Yonkers filming. Go to imdb.com and enter the film title for story information and cast listing...

that website was helpful.the film is suppose to be released in 2006.

They were filming yesterday at Red Fox Diner in Elmsford on Route 9A then moved to Ashburton Avenue in Yonkers last night near St. Joseph's Hospital and the side streets leading to Mulford Gardens projects. Are returning there all of next week.

They said last night that they are returning to Ashburton Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They are apparantly staging some kind of riot scene and hired a bunch of people from Mulford Gardens to be extras in it. Good luck.

Good Luck is right !!!

Hopefully the filmmakers were wise enough to hire enough Yonkers cops for the upcoming race riot scene. The city charges $68.00 for it's rent a cop program. But as an act of good faith, filmmakers usually hire a few locals whenever they shoot in high crime, inner city neighborhoods like Ashburton.

Am guessing they may use St. Joesph's Hospital for Julianne Moore's scene seeking treatment for her carjacking near the "Armstrong Projects."

YPD: Stay Safe on set !!!

OOPS! It should be Yonkers General Hospital for the filming, not St. Joe's

What is this move supposed to be about?

I also saw them filming in Elmsford on Thurs.

Steve,

See imdb.com for a detailed story synopsis.