Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Town of Mamaroneck R6 & Hartsdale L46 on EBay

6 posts in this topic

I found this to be kinda funny:

You are bidding on an Out-Of-Service 1976 Seagraves 100' Rear Mount Aerial Device. The last NYS heavy vehicle inspecton was performed in June of 2010. The Aerial ladder is damaged and is Not Certified for Use by a fire department. The aerial ladder needs approximately $10,000 worth of repair to replace the top rung on each section and then might be servicable.. The vehicle cab shows signs of rust coming through under the paint. The vehicle body is in good condition and was new from Pierce Fire Apparatus Manfacturing in November of 1991. There is an issue with the rear brakes not operating properly when a low air pressure event (excessive pumping, etc) occurs and the rear brakes don't come on. This resulted in the damage to the ladder.

I guess R6 did not meet a reserve? or is the seller re-selling it? It was already up for auction on another site. Here is the topic about the auction of R6. TMFD's Old R6 & R46 Up for Auction

Edited by firedude

10-75 the box, I caught that too. Is Hartsdale without a Ladder truck, or expecting TL-15 back anytime soon?

Good find, Steve!

What did Hartsdale hit?

A piece of construction equipment hit TL-15 while it was at Station 2, further complicating existing problems and damage from unqualified repair shops. .

For the Hatsdale FD TL-15 info and discussion thread:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/42291-hartsdale-tower-ladder-15-status/