Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Two Swearing Sailors on Tarrytown FD?

11 posts in this topic

Anyone listening to Tarrytown FD's frequency latly? All day/Night I have been hearing 2 fishermen with non stop swearing such as "I just got a 34 F***ing pounder" or "This shi**y bate isn't working" It sounds really close, like maybe by the Tappenzee Bridge. Anyone else hear this too?

I heard them on Tarrytown's freq. today.

I was minitoring this around 1800 hrs. Sounded like they were near Tarrytown based on their comms. Certainly caught my ear the first time I heard them. Not used to that kind of language on the air...Even my wife asked what that was all about. Also sounded like there were three boats.

Yea, i've heard heard them on more than one occasion. Heard them on Friday night(4/15) and a few days before then. I think i heard them on the Tarrytown PD freq though.

Might be in relation to the $100k striped bass fishing tournament they had...

i dont think anyone found the big fish...

hmm but why would they be on FD freq?

Thats right, the fishing competition was this weekend. But i still heard someone messing around early in the week if not the week before.

Thats right, the fishing competition was this weekend. But i still heard someone messing around early in the week if not the week before.

I asked about that when I heard it over that weekend. It seems that Tarrytown's FD frequency is also a marine channel (not sure exactly what they mean by that, you guys may understand better, that's exactly how it was conveyed to me)..

In any event, they had this big fishing tournament and these guys were on the radio all day long. I assume that we had no authority to tell them to get off, otherwise we would have.

- rick

It should be noted that

Tarrytown FD Dispatch frequency

is the same as Marine Channel 64

156.225Mhz

Unsure why a license was issued on this frequency. :-k

But that is why the FD heard the fishermen.

John

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up...Makes sense..

(why we heard it, not why a license was issued on that freq)

Oh, and welcome to EMT-Bravo John.. 8)

most fisherman use marine #68 for fishing,#16 for emergencys only,#9 for normal useage while in motion or "on their way" and the $100,000 fish was not caught! biggest was about 21lbs worth about $1000.it was a fun tournament. over 700+ applicants.

There is usually a very large Blue Fish Tourney in August on the LI Sound. Does anyone here enter it? Ive been in it for about 4 years now.