Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FireMike

100' Pierce Aluminum Platform Demo

11 posts in this topic

Just wanted to get the word out that Firematic has a Pierce 100' Aluminum Platform Demo unit available to be shown at any lower hudson valley department from July 14th thru August 5th. Give me a call if any you would like to see it at your station. Pic's attached.

Mike Hanratty

VP Sales & Service

Firematic Supply Co Inc

Cell 860-967-0904

post-21061-0-44685100-1310671975.jpg

post-21061-0-88697900-1310671994.jpg

post-21061-0-51276900-1310672015.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

I've had the chance to see both the Pierce Aluminum straightstick (Houston, TX and San Antonio, TX) and the Aluminum tower (Frisco, TX). Both were built pretty heavy duty, and have firefighters a lot more room on the ladder then a steel ladder would. Also seem to be much lighter, leading to fuel and maintainence savings (from the apparatus committees, I am told). All three cities were big E-One departments at one time and had aluminum aerials that probaly see more work in a year then some trucks in Westchester see in a lifetime.

The rearmount aluminum tower has a lot of interesting helpful bells and whistles. I could picture the above truck in many communities....

I'll look for detail shots tommorow.

Is this one already sold and on tour or is it still available? I may have a department in mind for you.

I had the chance to operate Bolton, CT 105' Pierce aluminum aerial ladder during my aerial op course. Let me tell you those trucks are solid, well built and very nice to operate.

I had the chance to operate Bolton, CT 105' Pierce aluminum aerial ladder during my aerial op course. Let me tell you those trucks are solid, well built and very nice to operate.

I also operated a Pierce Tower Ladder during Truck ops and it is solid like a rock. Elmsford has a 1993 Pierce Arrow Tower Ladder and were nice enough to bring it to the FTC. Pierce has the most stable TL that I have ever been in.

We have a 09 Pierce Tower and we have had nothing but problems with it. Every sensor or "automatic feature" has needed to be replaced/adjusted/repaired. Personally, I would get rid of every sensor and "automatic feature" and let the operator have full control of the appartus like the older trucks had. It is pretty bad when the "automatic stow feature" strikes the side of the cradle every time it stows the ladder......

Edited by dashield

Looks like the demo was built with functionality in mind. The truck, with the exception of the raised roof (which I have no idea if it is an option or stock on all models) has what appears to be a fantastic scrub area. No bells and whistles on the top going down the sides, nothing to get in the way of the bucket in terms of water ways, angled bucket sides for off center rescues or roof picks. Looks like a piece of equipment that was built to do firefighting work.

Here's the aluminum tower I got to see. It is Frisco, TX Truck 601, a 2011 Pierce Veocity. They are quickly moving to an all Pierce fleet, after years of using E-Ones. If Pierce didn't make an RM Aluminum tower, they probaly would have gone with an E-One tower.

One of the things I like most about it is that the bucket doesn't block the windshield. It also can operate below grade. And it (if spec'd) comes with a bunch of tech rescue accesories.

post-11-0-29028800-1310757275.jpg

post-11-0-79287600-1310757432.jpg

I also operated a Pierce Tower Ladder during Truck ops and it is solid like a rock. Elmsford has a 1993 Pierce Arrow Tower Ladder and were nice enough to bring it to the FTC. Pierce has the most stable TL that I have ever been in.

Elmsford Tower Ladder 21 has a steel ladder, that's why it feels so stable.