Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texastom791

What is this ?

9 posts in this topic

I apologize this isn't a great shot I took it with my phone while at new york presbyterian cornell the other day.Does anyone know what the thing is mounted to the top of the ambulance kind of looks like a camera?

post-6811-0-86596200-1311086120.jpg

Give me a few hours and I will have your answer, maybe.

Looks like a spotlight, but I am not really sure.

It is a video camera that transmits back to the hospital command center so the administrative staff can see what is going on at the scene. The unit is mounted on our special operations communication vehicle. This unit is parked at the NYP Weill Cornell campus.

Alpinerunner likes this

It is a video camera that transmits back to the hospital command center so the administrative staff can see what is going on at the scene. The unit is mounted on our special operations communication vehicle. This unit is parked at the NYP Weill Cornell campus

Thanks for your response. What types of calls does this vehicle respond to?

It is a video camera that transmits back to the hospital command center so the administrative staff can see what is going on at the scene. The unit is mounted on our special operations communication vehicle. This unit is parked at the NYP Weill Cornell campus.

Sorry it took so long. Finally ran into someone from Pres. He told me the same story.

I don't believe it has ever responded to an official call. It usually just sits on the deck at H14. I believe the command car (Ford Excursion) that has one responds to internal emergencies at our hospitals such as when we lose power at which time it establishes a command post, and, theoretically, the dispatch center can acquire a live feed of the event over wireless broadband. The hospital also has a remote dispatch vehicle that is routed to internal emergencies at our facilities.

I believe the ambulance also has an internally mounted camera that was tested to be used in telemedicine like they do out west.

If anyone asks me I usually say we stole it from ECTO-1 and its just a conversation piece.

Enjoy.

R2-D2 WINS THE BEST RESPONSE LOL... AWESOME.... BUT YEA IVE NEVER SEEN THAT BUS MOVE..