Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

September 11th Anniversary Memorial Services

6 posts in this topic

I would like to start a list of Memorial Services being held in Dutchess County for the 10th Anniversary of the attacks and murders at the World Trade Center.

This will keep people informed in advance and help to ensure a good turnout to each.

I CAN NOT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF ATTENDING THESE EVENTS IF YOU CAN! While the majority of the people appear to have forgotten, I can assure you that we in New York's emergency services have NOT!

I also urge each member of emergency services in the area to stop at Union Vale fire station 1 on Route 82 in Verbank, and visit the touching memorial built around a peice of steel from the WTC.

If you have information, dates and times of any 9/11 Memorial, please post.

waful likes this

Although in Westchester, a number of BFD members, some other Stamford volunteers and families will be going to a memorial dedication ceremony in Mount Kisco. I believe it starts at 7pm.

I plan on attending as well but might not make it depeneding on which flight I can get home. My R&R starts on the 11th (pushed back from Aug 30th due to staffing issues) and that's when I leave Dubai. Luckily we are 8 hours ahead here so I should find a flight that will just make it back in time. If that doesn't work out my family and myself will stay in Manhattan for the night and attend whatever ceremonies we can.

RIP 343....We will NEVER FORGET!!!

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs

Pine plains fire dept sept 11 at 4pm about an hour long service people that would like to attend they ask to be at there firehouse around 3 sothey can line people up. There will be a short march from there firehouse to seymour smith school

x129K likes this