Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Fire Training Certificates...

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to get new certificates for training classes (FF1, Survival, etc) that I have previously completed? Also is it possible to check on which classes I have taken? Online?

Thanks,

Madison

Will this include County and State courses? Or just State courses?

It is the NYS OFPC Site (under NYS DHSES), so if I were to venture a guess... :P

I would guess NYS courses only. For County courses you would most likely have to contact your County Coordinator's office!

Contact Luci Labriola-Cuffe at Westchester County DES if it is for courses taken at WCDES. She's been a home run for us.

Bnechis likes this

Lucy has been doing a great job for years!

Has anyone had any certificates reprinted? Im taking a course tomorrow so I will stop in and see what can be done.

Bnechis likes this

Posted at the request of DES:

Individual firefighters should coordinate such requests through their Chief of Department and should not contact DES directly. Your chief may have copies of the certificates in your training file or the originals if they haven't been distributed yet.

It would be very difficult for DES to coordinate such requests for 5000 (or so) firefighters in the County. Dealing with 59 different fire chiefs is challenging enough.

On a related note, the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) will not issue any duplicate or replacement certificates for PD training. Given NYS's budget crisis and "cost saving measures" this policy may soon find its way into DHSES too so you may want to make sure you safeguard your certificates and training records. Just something to think about.