Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BEEKMAN (dutchess county) Apparatus MVA

25 posts in this topic

The Beekman Fire District announces that at 08:59 hours on April 17, 2005, an accident occured with our 1994 heavy rescue. The apparatus was returning from a previous auto accident. The driver was extricated and transported to St Francis hospital in poughkeepsie. The NYS state police are investigating the incident. More details will be released when they become available.

Prayers are with the driver and family.

Any update on the driver's condition?

From The Secret List:

A member of the Beekman (New York) Fire District was killed this morning when

the heavy rescue he was driving rolled over during a response to an auto

accident call. The driver was pinned, and after extrication was transported to

Saint Francis Trauma Center in Poughkeepsie, NY, where he expired. More as we

get it......

VERY VERY sad news.....

Thought and prayers to the family, friends, and the Beekman Fire Department.

Rest in Peace, brother...

A 60 yoear old firefighter from the Beekman Fire Company, Dutchess died

this AM returning from an alarm. The rescue vehicle the firefighter was

driving went off the road and overturned. The cause of death has not

beeen determined at this time.

As I'm sure everyone can understand this is a difficult time for the Beekman Fire District. The process to ensure our brothers family gets the appropriate benefits, ensuing investigation and organization of details takes much time and involvement.

As soon as I get details I will post them as soon as possible.

Thanks for everyone who has and will give their support and prayers.

Never forget the alarms not over until you are back in quarters.

Our Toughts and Prayers should all go out to the family of our brother firefighter.

Our prayers are with his family and brother and sister firefighters.

Sad Day in Dutchess. Condolences to The Family , Friends and the Members of the Beekman Fire Dept.

And special prayer to the Pawling Fire Dept on an excellent job on the extrication of the FF. Saw the result and it was a tough pin job. Great job Pawling.

THoughts and prayers go out to all that are touch by this incident.

Thoughts, Prayers and Condolences to our brother FF's family, friends as well as the Beekman FD also kudos to Pawling on the assistance rendered.

Very sad to hear, again, thoughts and prayers go out to our brother's family and the Beekman FD.

So sad, condolences to the man's family, friends and Fire Department. Like others have said, this is very tragic and I am sure will take some time to cope with.

Prayers with the Beekman FD.

Very tragic, my thoughts are with the family, friends and the Beekman Fire Co. community. Please keep us posted with any details regarding services.

This is very upsetting news to hear...the news we all hate to hear. Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in this sad occurrance.

Thoughts and prayers are with the firefighter involved and all involved in his life and it's tragic end.

It is incidents like this that should remind us how precious life really is, especially in this profession, and to enjoy every moment we are here....forget our grudges, and take care of ourselves and our brothers & sisters, and the generations beneath us. Tragic incidents like this occur every day in the fire service, but it is not until it strikes close to home does it become a reality that this really happens. Whatever the circumstances of this incident or any other, hopefully a lesson is learned to save another brother in the future. Somebody goes out to a call, and doesn't come back. Why does this happen? A higher purpose.

My thoughts and prayers go out to our fallen brother and his family

We know he is in a better place now. He was killed while helping others in danger. Thoughts and prayers for him, his family, his department, and his community

The autopsy was completed on Al, today and his death is listed as do to Blunt Trauma. One of Beekmans members later stated that he (Al) had spected out the rescue and brought the truck into the dept. He took it with him. My his family have the comfort knowing we are all here for them.

The wake and funeral are going to be held at the horn and thomes funeral home in the village of pawling. wake hours will be 7-9 on tuesday and 2-4+7-9 on wednesday. The funeral will start at 11 am on thursday and the procession will lead back to the town of beekman via route 55. if anyone has questions or needs directions, email FIREMAN34L4@aol.com. thank you all for your support and prayers during this tough time .

Beekman Car 3

Would it be possible to post the exact name and address of Church where services will be held ? We are not familiar with area and it would help a great deal.

Also, where do you want visiting Depts. to line up in the procession route ?

Again, thanks much and sorry for this great loss.

Sad Day May he now Rest in Peace

my condolence to the friends and Family

and His Brother and Sister Firefighters

Condolences go out to the Beekman FD.. I know and work with two of the Chiefs of the Dept, and one of there members. Hopefully everyone is handling it the best they can, and remember eveyone is praying for the family and Beekman FD. S

Sorry for the great loss.....From Croton Fire Dept and Montrose VAFD. Anything you need Rob, Sean and Tom just let us know.