Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Central NY Flooding - 2011

7 posts in this topic

Five years ago, just before the July 4th weekend, central NY and specifically Broome County were hit with severe rain and record breaking flooding. It seems that the records are being broken by last night's rainfall occurring on the heels of Irene and our other heavy rains.

Endicott, Johnson City, Vestal, and Binghamton all have areas with mandatory evacuations. Other areas are also being hard hit.

The FDNY T2 Incident Management Team is preparing for assignment to Broome and the Western NY T3 IMT is on stand-by for assignment to other affected areas.

The NYS T2 IMT is still on assignment in Schoharie and is augmented by T3 teams from California and Ohio.

If you were up in Broome, Delaware, or other parts of the state in 2006 for mutual aid, get ready for the sequel!

I went to St. Johnsville in Montgomery Co. with the Dutchess Co. Task Force back in 2006. I went over to Greene Co. the other day with a couple friends to help in Windham with relief efforts. We have had a couple individual departments get deployed to Greene, and Schoharie in the past several days for standby duties.

Time permitting, I really hope to be able to get up there for some more work, or should my department get mobilized.

I believe FDNY sent more than just an IMT team. They deployed to Binghamton today.

I believe FDNY sent more than just an IMT team. They deployed to Binghamton today.

I wouldn't doubt it. I was personally aware of only the IMT request.

Go Fid Nee! We all know Bull didn't go, he's too busy here defending ESU. lol

Lake Carmel, Patterson and Carmel should be returning today.. Here are a couple of pics of 1731 pumping 600,000gals of water out of the Binghamton water treatment plant. Yes i said 600,000gal...

post-937-0-84339900-1315734404.jpg

post-937-0-85738600-1315734410.jpg

Edited by LCFD968

I WAS UP IN GREENVILLE GREENE COUNTY YESTERDAY THE TOWN OF PRATTSVILLE LOSST ATLEAST 40 PERCENT OF MAIN STREET SO FAR ALONG WITH 2 PIECES OF FIRE APPARATUS ONE BEING THERE RESCUE TRUCK AND THERE NEW BRUSH TRUCK THE PICTURES IN THE TIMES UNION MAKES IT LOOKS LIKE A WAR ZONE THEY ARE ASKING FOR SHOVELS AND HAND TOOLS AND WHEEL BARROWS ASAP